Starpress Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Starpress Xl 25 tablet contains metoprolol as an ingredient. It is an "Anti-hypertensive" medicine used to lower the raised blood pressure and other heart-related conditions like angina (chest pain), heart failure, thus preventing further complications. It relaxes the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. Starpress Xl 25 tablet must not be used in children below 18 years of age....
Uses of Starpress Xl 25 MG
- It is used to treat high blood pressure, along with certain heart conditions like angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps to prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Starpress Xl 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
- If you suffer from heart conditions like heart block and uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you suffer from asthma or lung condition.
- If you suffer from low blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- If you suffer from renal or liver disease.
- If you suffer from electrolyte imbalance or acid-base imbalance.
- If you suffer from decreased heart rate.
- If you are using medication like verapamil, diltiazem and disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Starpress Xl 25 MG
- Decreased heart rate
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Starpress Xl 25 MG
Can I take Starpress Xl 25 tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy unless prescribed by the doctor. Inform the doctor about the pregnancy and if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Starpress Xl 25 tablet while breastfeeding?
Starpress Xl 25 tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. Avoid using unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive after consuming Starpress Xl 25 tablet?
It makes you feel dizzy or sleepy. Caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Starpress Xl 25 tablet?
It might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Avoid drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from an allergic reaction.
- You suffer from side effects after taking Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
- You suffer from a medical condition like diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You suffer from respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Starpress Xl 25 tablet must not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Starpress Xl 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Starpress Xl 25 tablet relaxes the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. It reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Starpress Xl 25 MG
Starpress Xl 25 tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow as a whole with a glass of water. Take regularly for optimal results. Do not consume it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Starpress Xl 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes like insulin may be increased with Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
- Medicine used for heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicine used for heart conditions like verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine causes decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with the medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effect of Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) decrease the effect of Starpress Xl 25 tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) increase the effect of the medicine....
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills like oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of the medicine.
- Concurrent use of medicines like aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
- Discuss with the physician regarding the medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Starpress Xl 25 MG
- Store below 25°C. Protect from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Starpress Xl 25 MG
Excess of Starpress Xl 25 tablet causes decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember if you have missed a dose. If it's for the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Follow the Starpress Xl 25 tablet dosage regimen. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the consequences if I stop Starpress Xl 25 tablet on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. The doctor might decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to the doctor.
Q: What precautions I must follow while taking the medicine?
A: If you experience symptoms like dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc report to the doctor. The doctor adjusts the dose depending on the blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in the serum and other relevant factors.
Q: What I must let know my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Starpress Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
- Inform about the past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders.
- Inform about the ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc.
- Women must share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure.
Q: I have asthma can I use the medicine?
A: Some conditions like asthma might affect the use of Starpress Xl 25 tablet. Inform the doctor regarding the medical condition and medicine, before taking Starpress Xl 25 tablet.
Q: Is Starpress Xl 25 tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Starpress Xl 25 tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
Q: What is the content present in Starpress Xl 25?
A: The content present in Starpress Xl 25 is metoprolol, which is an anti-hypertensive medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Starpress Xl 25?
A: Decreased heart rate, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache are a few common side effects of Starpress Xl 25. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve with time.
Q: When should I take the Starpress XL?
A: Starpress Xl should be taken exactly, as advised by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food, but it's important to take it at the same time each day for maximum results.
Q: Is Starpress XL a blood thinner?
A: No, the Starpress XL is not a blood thinner. It relaxes the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After