Stalopam 10mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stalopam 10mg Tablet is an antidepressant that contains escitalopram oxalate. It also increases the level of chemical messengers serotonin in the brain that improves the mood and symptoms of depression. It is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety, panic attack, and tension. Stalopam 10mg Tablet should not be taken without the consultation of a doctor. The dose and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor on the basis and severity of symptoms. For optimal pharmacological effects, take the medication at the same time of the day with or without food. The dose of Stalopam 10mg tablets should be slowly increased after giving lower doses. Do not skip a dose, even after the resolution of the symptoms. Sudden stoppage can lead to withdrawal symptoms (such as anxiety, dizziness, sleep disturbances, restlessness, palpitations, etc.). It is a prescription medicine....
|You Save||₹16.27 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, anxiety, panic attack, tension.|
|Side effects||Decreased orgasm in women, delayed ejaculation, fatigue, increased sweating, insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), nausea, sleepiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Stalopam 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine Stalopam 10mg Tablet is used for,
- Treatment of major depressive disorder
- Treatment of anxiety
- Treatment of panic attack
- Treatment of tension
Contraindications of Stalopam 10 MG
If you are allergic to Stalopam 10mg Tablet or its active ingredient If you consume alcohol If you are pregnant or breastfeeding If you have a kidney disease If you have a liver disease If you have a respiratory disease If you have cardiovascular diseases If you have diabetes mellitus If you have seizure disorders...
Side effects of Stalopam 10 MG
- Decreased orgasm in women
- Delayed ejaculation
- Increased sweating
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Precautions and Warnings of Stalopam 10 MG
Can I take Stalopam 10mg Tablets during pregnancy?
Stalopam 10mg Tablets can have potential side effects on the foetus and can be unsafe to use during pregnancy. The limited human studies on Stalopam 10mg tablets show a risk of congenital effects on the foetus. Consult the doctor before Stalopm 10mg Tablet in pregnancy.
Can I take Stalopam 10mg Tablets while breastfeeding?
Stalopam 10mg Tablets are not safe to take while breastfeeding, as a significant amount of medicine can pass through the breast milk, which can affect the baby. In such cases, closely monitor breastfed babies as not many studies have been done, and the information available is limited. Do not take Stalopam 10mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Stalopam 10mg Tablets?
No, you should not drive while using Stalopam 10mg Tablets as it reduces alertness and causes drowsiness, dizziness, difficulty in concentrating, and fatigue. So, do not perform activities that require mental alertness and physical strength, such as driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Stalopam 10mg Tablets?
No, you should not consume alcohol with Stalopam 10mg Tablets as it can intensify effects like drowsiness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration, fatigue. It affects daily activities.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice any allergic reactions.
- Your condition does not improve or becomes worse after taking Stalopam 10mg Tablet.
- You are trying to conceive, breastfeeding, or taking birth control pills.
- You want to stop the medication.
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, talk to your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some conditions can make you more vulnerable to some of the side effects or intensify them....
- Stalopam 10mg Tablet should not be given to children without consulting the doctors.
Mode of Action of Stalopam 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Stalopam 10mg Tablets work by increasing the amount of a neurotransmitter in the brain called serotonin. Serotonin is responsible for mood stabilisation, happiness, and emotions of a person. It also aids in restful sleep, healthy eating, and digestion. Serotonin deficiency causes depression and anxiety. The action of Stalopam 10mg Tablets helps you sleep better, enhances your mood, relieves worry and tension. It blocks presynaptic serotonin reuptake, which boosts serotonin levels in the synaptic cleft and relieves various depression and anxiety symptoms. Moreover, compared to earlier antidepressants, it has fewer negative effects....
Directions for Use of Stalopam 10 MG
- Stalopam 10mg tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- Stalopam 10mg tablets can be taken with or without food.
- It is recommended that the medicine be taken at a fixed time every day.
- Avoid missing or skipping a dose.
- It is advised to take combutol with an antacid that contains aluminium at least four hours before or after taking medicine.
- Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of withdrawal symptoms, which can lead to serious health issues.
Interactions of Stalopam 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants such as phenelzine, iproniazid with Stalopam 10mg tablets.
- Antibiotics, lithium and tryptophan with Stalopam 10mg tablets.
- Medicine for migraine, stomach ulcers and fungal infections.
- Blood thinners like warfarin.
- Pain killers.
- Medicines that decrease blood levels of potassium or magnesium. They have the tendency to increase the risk of life-threatening heart rhythm disorder.
Interactions with food items
- Stalopam 10mg tablets may interact with multi-mineral or other herbal or ayurvedic supplements.
Storage and disposal of Stalopam 10 MG
Store Stalopam 10mg tablets below 30℃. Do not freeze the tablet. Keep it in a cool place away from the reach of children and direct heat and light. Expired and unused medicines should be removed from their packets and blended in with something unfortunate, like utilised coffee beans or soil. This will make the medication less appealing to children and pets....
Dosage of Stalopam 10 MG
- Don’t take Stalopam 10mg tablets more than the prescribed dose. Overdosing will lead to toxicity in the body and can have severe side effects. Signs of overdose may include hives, rashes, dizziness, swelling, wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, aggressiveness etc. In case of an overdose of Stalopam 10mg Tablets, visit the nearest emergency room of the hospital....
- Do not give this medicine to someone else who has the same condition as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose of Stalopam 10mg tablets, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, take the next scheduled dose. Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed dose. Additionally, do not stop or change the dosage without consulting the doctor. In case you are missing the dose regularly, set a reminder. Talk to your doctor about missed doses and understand what can be done....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Stalopam 10mg Tablet cause suicidal tendencies?
A: Yes, Stalopam 10 mg tablet has the tendency to cause suicidal ideation. Children below the age of 12 years should not be given a Stalopam 10mg Tablet.
Q: Can Stalopam 10 mg Tablets cause memory problems?
- Yes, Stalopam 10 mg Tablets can cause memory problems along with headaches.
- Escitalopram. 2006 [cited 2022 Feb 8]; Available from:
- Pastoor D, Gobburu J. Clinical pharmacology review of escitalopram for the treatment of depression. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2022 Feb 8];10(1):121–8.
- Aronson S, Delgado P. Escitalopram. Med Actual [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Feb 8];40(2):121.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.