Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml Description
Spasmindon Oral Drop is a paediatric medicine. It is used to ease stomach and abdominal pain (cramps) and relieve symptoms of bloating and excess gas. Spasmindon Oral Drop are a combination of two me
dicines, namely dicycloverine and simethicone. Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and relieves pain. Simethicone helps in releasing the gas and prevents discomfort associated with gas and bloating. This medicine should be used under adults supervision.
|You Save||₹4.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg) + Dimethicone / Polydimethylsiloxane(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Abdominal cramps, gas and pain|
|Side effects||Dry Mouth, thirst, dizziness, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg) + Dimethicone / Polydimethylsiloxane(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
- Stomach and abdominal pain (cramps)
- Bloating, gas and belching
Contraindications of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
- If your child is allergic to dicycloverine, simethicone or any other ingredients of the Spasmindon Oral Drop.
- Spasmindon Oral Drop are not to be given to infants under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
Precautions and Warnings of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has or suspected to have an eye condition, this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has an enlarged prostate gland, then this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has a hernia in the stomach, this medicine should be given with precautions as this drug may aggravate the condition.
Mode of Action of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the stomach and intestine, prevents the cramps and relieves the pain.
- Simethicone is an antifoaming agent. It changes the surface tension of the gas bubbles in the stomach and intestine; thus the gas bubbles burst and the gas is expelled.
Directions for Use of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
- Give the Spasmindon Oral Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Fill enclosed dropper to the recommended dosage level and dispense liquid slowly into baby's mouth.
- Dosage can also be mixed with a cup of cool water, infant formula or other suitable liquids.
- Clean dropper well after each use and replace the original cap. Shake it well before every use.
Interactions of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
Spasmindon Oral Drop may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) or herbal preparations....
Dosage of Spasmindon Oral Drops 10ml
The symptoms of an overdose of Spasmindon Oral Drop may include headache, dizziness, nausea, a dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing, and dilated pupils. If you think you have given your child more than the prescribed dose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Spasmindon Oral Drop, give it as soon as you remember to your child. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not exceed the daily dose of 20ml....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Spasmindon Oral Drop for children?
A: Yes, this medicine can be used in children, but the dose should be strictly followed as per the prescription given by the doctor.
Q: How does gas form in the stomach? Why does it cause pain?
A: Gas formation in the stomach happens when we swallow air while eating or drinking. This gas is expelled out either from the mouth or from the anus. Sometimes there is difficulty in passing the gas or if the gas gets trapped abdominal pain or bloating is experienced.
Q: Is Spasmindon safe for babies?
A: Yes, Spasmindon is safe for babies when given under the supervision of your doctor.
Q: What is the use of the Spasmindon Oral Drop?
A: Spasmindon Oral Drop are used to relieve stomach and abdominal pain (cramps) and also relieve symptoms of bloating and excess gas.
Q: How many drops of the Spasmindon should be given to an infant?
A: You should follow the doctors' instructions regarding the dosage and duration of treatment as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and medical history.
- Dicycloverine Hydrochloride 10mg/5ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Dimethicone 410: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- DailyMed - INFANTS GAS RELIEF- simethicone suspension/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed