Solu Medrol 125mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By PFIZER PRODUCT INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Soul Medrol is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone, a steroid, as an active ingredient. This injection will be administered under the medical supervision of doctors or nurses. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop Soul-Medrol injection abruptly otherwise, it can result in worsening of the health condition. Before using Soul-Medrol injection, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹88.10 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk of infection, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Solu Medrol 125 MG
- Soul-Medrol injection is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs.
- It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies.
Contraindications of Solu Medrol 125 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious fungal infection, such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
- If you have a blood disorder such as decreased platelet count (thrombocytopenic purpura).
- If this medicine is to be administered into the spine.
Side effects of Solu Medrol 125 MG
- Increase risk of infections
- Fluid retention
- Mood disorders
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Eye disorders
- Delayed wound healing
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Solu Medrol 125 MG
Can I take Soul-Medrol injection during pregnancy?
Soul-Medrol injection should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take a Soul-Medrol injection while breastfeeding?
Soul-Medrol injection passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by a physician.
Can I drive if I have taken Soul-Medrol injection?
Soul-Medrol injection can make you feel dizzy, fatigued and can affect your vision, thus you should avoid driving in case you experience any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with a Soul-Medrol injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your physician before drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop cataracts.
- You are elderly, you have heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have any infections like a fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. Discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Solu Medrol 125 MG
How Does It Work?
- Soul-Medrol injection is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness.
- Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergic conditions, inflammation and other reaction during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Solu Medrol 125 MG
- Soul-Medrol injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Solu Medrol 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Soul-Medrol injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Concomitant use of immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus along with this medicine may increase the risk of side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as distigmine, neostigmine, and pancuronium, if taken along with ((name}}, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with Soul-Medrol injection.
Storage and disposal of Solu Medrol 125 MG
- Store Soul-Medrol injection at room temperature and away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Solu Medrol 125 MG
Soul Medrol injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set-up. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Soul Medrol injection on my own?
A: No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccinations during treatment with Soul Medrol injection?
A: Soul-Medrol injection can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is Soul-Medrol a steroid?
A: Yes, Soul Medrol injection is a steroid, which reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies by inhibiting the release of certain chemical messengers responsible for the condition.
- Depo-Medrone 40mg/ml Suspension for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]
- SOLU-MEDROL® Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]
- Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.