Sodanet 500mg Tablet
By SEPTALYST LIFESCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sodanet Tablet is used to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. It neutralises acid in the stomach as it is an alkali. It is an antacid medicine containing sodium bicarbonate as its active ingredient. Avoid using this tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Do not use it if you are on a salt-restricted diet or have any swelling in the body. It is meant for temporary relief of acidity. If you suffer from recurring acidity, then consult your doctor for a detailed evaluation to find out the root cause of acidity. Do not take Sodanet Tablet for more than 2 weeks unless advised by your doctor....
|You Save||₹7.52 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Sodium Bicarbonate(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, indigestion|
|Side effects||Increased thirst, increased gas, bloating, nausea, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Bicarbonate(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Sodanet 500 MG
Sodanet Tablet is used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach.
Contraindications of Sodanet 500 MG
- If you are allergic to sodium bicarbonate or any other ingredient of Sodanet Tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure and are on a salt-restricted diet as this medicine contains sodium.
- If you have heart or liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Sodanet 500 MG
- Increased thirst
- Increased gas
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Sodanet 500 MG
Can I take Sodanet Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy and is considered unsafe in pregnancy. It can increase swelling or blood pressure in pregnancy.
Can I take Sodanet Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is known to pass into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sodanet Tablet?
Sodanet Tablet does not interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Sodanet Tablet?
Avoid consumption of alcohol with Sodanet Tablet. Alcohol is known to worsen acidity and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had heart disease, high blood pressure, heart failure or kidney diseases.
- You have swollen feet or any swelling in the body.
- You have a history of bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Sodanet Tablet is only for temporary relief from acidity, if you have chronic indigestion, acidity issues, consult your doctor for detailed evaluation.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 2 weeks.
Mode of Action of Sodanet 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Sodium Bicarbonate in Sodanet Tablet works by neutralising the acid in the stomach. It also increases the pH of blood and urine.
Directions for Use of Sodanet 500 MG
- Sodanet Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken at least 1 to 2 hours after meals. Do not take it on an overly full stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sodanet 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sodanet Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Avoid the use of calcium supplements when using this medicine.
- Medicine such as antacids, aspirin, ketoconazole, benzodiazepines, methotrexate, quinidine, antibiotics containing sulfonamide, tetracycline, iron preparations, and lithium can interact with Sodanet Tablet. These medicines should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of Sodanet Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Sodanet Tablet should be taken at least an hour or two after having your meals. It should not be taken on an overly full stomach.
Storage and disposal of Sodanet 500 MG
- Store Sodanet Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Sodanet 500 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Sodanet Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Sodanet Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Sodanet Tablet?
A: Sodanet Tablet is an antacid medication used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion.
Q: Can Sodanet be taken before food?
A: Follow your doctor's instructions. If you take it before food ensure you do not overeat. Avoid having carbonated beverages like cold drinks if you have a Sodanet Tablet.
Q: How to take Sodanet Tablet?
A: Take Sodanet Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably 1-2 hours after food. You should take it as directed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take 2 Sodanet Tablets at a time?
A: Always follow your doctor's instructions regarding directions for the use of medicine. Do not take more than the prescribed dose as this could lead to side effects.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Sodium Bicarbonate [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.