Silodal 4mg Capsule
Silodal 4 MG Description
Silodal Capsule is used for the treatment of problems arising due to the enlargement of the prostate gland, a medical condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It contains silodosin as i
ts active medicine. It works by causing muscle relaxation of the prostate gland, part of the urethra inside the prostate, the lower part of the urinary bladder which results in an improvement in the urine flow in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. This medicine helps in easing the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. Take Silodal as advised by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should take this medicine daily at the same time to gain optimum benefits. Dizziness, postural hypotension (a drop in blood pressure after a change of posture), headache, loose motions, retrograde ejaculation (backward flow of semen/orgasm with less or no semen) are some of the common side effects of the Silodal, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using the Silodal Capsule, talk to your doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Silodal 4 MG
Contraindications of Silodal 4 MG
- If you are allergic to Silodosin or any other ingredients of the Silodal Capsule.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you are taking this medicine with other medicines such as ketoconazole, clarithromycin, itraconazole and ritonavir.
Side effects of Silodal 4 MG
- Retrograde ejaculation (backward flow of semen/orgasm with less or no semen)
- Postural hypotension (a drop in blood pressure after a change of posture)
- Loose motions
- Nasal congestion
- The common cold (upper respiratory tract infection)
Precautions and Warnings of Silodal 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your blood pressure drops after a change of posture e.g. from sitting to standing or from lying down to sitting or standing while taking Silodal Capsule.
- You have kidney disease.
- You are using other medicines from the alpha-blocker group of medicines.
- You are planning to do cataract surgery.
- Carcinoma (a type of cancer) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) have many similar symptoms therefore the tests should be done to identify the presence of carcinoma before starting Silodal Capsule.
Mode of Action of Silodal 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Silodal 4 MG
- Silodal Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Silodal 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Silodal Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for fungal infections, erectile dysfunctions, medicines for heart diseases and antiviral medicines.
Storage and disposal of Silodal 4 MG
- Store Silodal Capsules below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Silodal 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: At what time of the day should Silodal be taken?
Q: For how long can we take Silodal?
Q: What is the composition of Silodal?
Q: How does Silodal Capsule work?
Q: What is Silodal used for?
- RAPAFLO (silodosin) Capsule for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Sildosin: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Sildosin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]