Shelcal Hd 12 Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Shelcal HD Tablet is used to treat low calcium level in the blood like bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia/rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism) and muscle disease and low levels of vitamin B12. Shelcal HD Tablet contains Vitamin B12, Calcium and Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). The combination medicine is given to patients who do not get enough calcium from their diet. Calcium has an important role in the body. It is necessary for the functioning of nerves, cells, muscle and bone. Vitamin D helps to absorb calcium and phosphorus in the body. Maintaining the level of vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus are important for strong bones. Vitamin B12 helps in bone building and improves blood levels.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Shelcal HD Tablet contains combination of Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Calcium & Mecobalamin (Vitamin B12).
- Vitamin D3 or Colecalciferol (Cholecalciferol): It plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth, and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth.Read less
- Calcium: It is one of the most profuse mineral in the body which is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It is very important for maintaining the balance of breaking down and building up of bones and supports flexible movements and mobility of muscles and bones. It also plays crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion.Read less
- Vitamin B12 or Mecobalamin: It is essential for the functioning of the brain and the nerves to produce red blood cells and DNA synthesis. It also plays a role in proper functioning of osteoblasts, bone-building cells of body.Read less
Uses of Shelcal Hd 12 Tablet
- Shelcal HD Tablets are used for the treatment and prevention of nutritional deficiencies of Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.
- For the treatment of bone disorders such as osteoporosis, weak, brittle and fragile bones.
- As dietary supplement during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Shelcal Hd 12 Tablet
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You taking medications, supplements or following complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You must not take the supplement if you are allergic to the component of the supplement.
- You have a planned surgery or operation. You may have to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of people and must not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Shelcal Hd 12 Tablet
- Take Shelcal HD Tablets as adviced by your doctor.
- You should not consume vitamin & mineral supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
- Avoid taking it with tea or coffee.
Storage and disposal of Shelcal Hd 12 Tablet
- Shelcal HD Tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What foods are rich in Vitamin D3, Calcium and Vitamin B12?
- Milk, curd, cheese, paneer and other dairy products.
- Chinese cabbage, kale, broccoli.
- Meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products.
Q: What are the benefits of the Shelcal HD Tablet?
A: Shelcal HD tablet improves the conditions of low levels of Mecobalamin (Vitamin B12), Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3) and Calcium in the body like in anaemia, nutritional malabsorption and blood loss.
Q: Can I take Shelcal HD Tablet during pregnancy?
A: Shelcal HD Tablet is used during pregnancy if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Is this a health supplement? It causes harm if I take it too much?
A: Yes, taking more than prescribed is harmful. An overdose causes stomach discomforts and increased levels of calcium, vitamin D3 and vitamin B12 in the body. If you have taken too much of the supplement, seek medical help.
- Office of dietary supplements - vitamin b12 [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 17]
- [Internet]EMA. SmPC. Colecalcifero. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- Office of dietary supplements - vitamin d [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 17].
- Calcium lactate tablets bp 300mg - summary of product characteristics (Smpc) -(Emc) [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 17].
- Office of dietary supplements - calcium [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 17].
|You Save||₹21.19 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Calcium(500.0 Mg),Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(500.0 Iu),Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(15.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and calcium deficiency, bone disorders|
Last Updated on: 18 Jun 2021 | 10:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved