By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetirizine is the active ingredient present in Setride Tablet, used to provide symptomatic relief from various allergic conditions characterised by a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, s
inus, the common cold, hives. Setride Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration as it may result in treatment failure. The most common side effects of Setride Tablet are dizziness, sleepiness, drowsiness. If these side effects worsen, reach out to the nearest hospital or clinic. Children below 6 years of age should not be given this medicine and also patients with severe kidney problems....
Uses of Setride Tablet
Setride Tablet is used to treat allergic conditions such as dust or pet allergies characterised by sneezing, itchy, a runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the
skin, insect bite and hives....
Contraindications of Setride Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any other components of Setride Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney diseases.
Side effects of Setride Tablet
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- A dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Setride Tablet
Can I take Setride Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take Setride Tablet, unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Setride Tablet while breastfeeding?
Setride Tablet passes into the breastmilk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Setride Tablet?
Setride Tablet is known to cause sleepiness, dizziness. If you experience these symptoms you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Setride Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption along with Setride Tablet as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems.
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- Setride Tablet should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Setride Tablet
How Does It Work?
Setride Tablet works by blocking the release of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Setride Tablet
Setride Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your
Interactions of Setride Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The effectiveness of Setride Tablet may increase or decrease when other medicines are taken at the same time.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Setride Tablet
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Setride Tablet
- An overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeats, tremor, urinary retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on the medication of Setride Tablet?
- Yes, Setride Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, difficulty in breathing or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help
Q: Can Setride Tablet be used for cold?
A: Yes, Setride Tablet can be used to provide relief from the cold. Cold is a symptom of an allergic condition.
Q: Can I take Setride Tablet with Dolo 650?
A: Yes, you can take Setride Tablet with Dolo 650 if you have pain and a fever along with allergic symptoms. Setride Tablet helps you provide relief from the allergic symptoms only, while Dolo 650 is a painkiller.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved