Serlift 50mg Tablet
Serlift 50 MG Description
Serlift tablet comes under the group of “selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI)”. It is also used to cure certain conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), major depressive disorde
r, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Serlift tablets help increase the amount of serotonin in the brain. This tablet is generally prescribed for its efficacy on anxiety, depression and other mental problems. The dose of the tablet may vary from person to person as it is decided by various factors like age, health condition, the reaction of the body towards the medicine and the specific problem the medication is taken for. The medication consumption is associated with severe side effects, including unusual weight loss, redness, swelling or pain in the eyes, black stool with stains of blood, lack of coordination, hallucinations and seizures. Therefore, do not delay reporting to the doctor in case of the appearance of any of the side effects. Before consuming the medicine, tell the doctor about the history of all the past illnesses and the medications taken to cure that illness. Some ailments like renal impairment, hepatic problems, cardiac problems, diabetes, a history of epilepsy may affect the treatment protocol. Therefore, it is crucial to tell the doctor about past and present illness history with correct and authentic information.
|Uses||Depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder(OCD), post-traumatic, stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual syndrome(PNS)|
|Side effects||Insomnia, headache, diarrhoea, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, ejaculation disorder, palpitations, anxiety, agitation, anxiousness, nervousness, decreased libido, rash|
Uses of Serlift 50 MG
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Premenstrual syndrome (PNS)
Contraindications of Serlift 50 MG
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of Serlift tablet
Side effects of Serlift 50 MG
- Ejaculation disorder
- Decreased libido
Precautions and Warnings of Serlift 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from a liver impairment, then use a serlift tablet with caution.
- You have renal impairment, then make sure to tell your doctor beforehand as it is important to get regular monitoring.
Mode of Action of Serlift 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Serlift 50 MG
- Take the Serlift tablet as per the doctor's directions. Swallow one tablet as a whole. It can be taken with or without food, but it is generally advised to take it at a fixed time. Make sure not to chew, break or crush the tablet....
Interactions of Serlift 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Serlift tablet may show interactions with the following medicines;
- MAO inhibitors (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors)
Interactions with food items
- Avoid the following items while using the Serlift tablet;
- Carbonated drinks
- Caffeine rich food items
Storage and disposal of Serlift 50 MG
Dosage of Serlift 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to use a Serlift tablet?
Q: How long does Serlift tablet take to show its effect?
Q: What is the best time to take Serlift tablet?
- DailyMed - SERTRALINE- sertraline hydrochloride tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]. Available from
- Drugs H. Sertraline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]. Available from:
- Sertraline 50mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]. Available from: