Sectal 1gm Tablets
Sectal 1gm Tablets Description
Sectal 1gm Tab is an antimicrobial medicine that is mainly used to treat infections of the liver, stomach, intestines and vagina caused by bacteria or parasitic organisms. It contains secnidazole as
its main ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing organisms in the body, thus resulting in cell death and stops the spread of infection. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Complete the course given by your doctor and do not stop taking the Sectal 1gm Tab before the prescribed duration. If you stop taking this medicine after you start feeling better, the chance of re-infection increases and results in treatment failure.
|Uses||Bacterial and parasitic infections|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache|
Uses of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Contraindications of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Side effects of Sectal 1gm Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Unpleasant taste
Precautions and Warnings of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience worsening of symptoms after taking the Sectal 1gm Tab .
- You suffer from any serious health issue.
- You experience an unpleasant smell and increased vaginal discharge.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use the Sectal 1gm Tab for a longer duration than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Sectal 1gm Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Interactions of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sectal 1gm Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Sectal 1gm Tablets
- Store Sectal 1gm Tab s in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sectal 1gm Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)