Sebifin Plus Cream
Sebifin Plus Cream Description
Sebifin Plus Cream has two main components, mometasone and terbinafine. This combination medicine is used topically to treat redness, swelling or itching of the skin associated with fungal infection.
These components belong to a different class of medicines that are steroid and topical antifungal. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying this cream. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Before starting the treatment you should tell the doctor about detailed health condition especially skin-related problems if any. If you don't see any improvement even after two weeks of treatment, let your doctor know immediately.
|You Save||₹38.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Terbinafine(1.0 %) + Mometasone(0.1 %)|
|Uses||Skin fungal infection|
|Side effects||Peeling of skin, itching, allergic skin reactions, thinning of the skin, red marks|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTI-FUNGAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Sebifin Plus Cream
Contraindications of Sebifin Plus Cream
- If you are allergic to Sebifin Plus Cream or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face, acne, itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and any other skin infections.
Side effects of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Peeling of skin
- Allergic skin reactions
- Bacterial and secondary skin infections
- Thinning of the skin
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
- Burning/itching/stinging sensation at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Sebifin Plus Cream
Other General Warnings
- You should avoid contact of this cream with your eyes, lips or nose, upon accidental contact rinse it immediately.
- Avoid smoking or go near naked flames as there is a risk of severe burns after applying this cream because any clothing or bedding that have been in contact with this medicine catches fire easily, be cautious....
- It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- It is for external application only and is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive.
- You develop an infection on your skin.
- You are suffering from psoriasis and you think the symptoms got worsen. Caution is advised if being used for psoriasis patients.
Mode of Action of Sebifin Plus Cream
How Does It Work?
- Mometasone is a topical steroid. It acts by inhibiting the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that are responsible for redness, itching and swelling on the skin. Thereby helps in reducing the inflammation associated with it....
- Terbinafine works by inhibiting the action of enzyme ergosterol present in the fungal cell wall and essential for cell wall formation in fungus. Thereby it leads to a decrease in the production of ergosterol and weakens the outer membrane of the fungus and which ultimately leads to its death and prevents the growth of fungus. ...
- The collective action of these two components helps in reducing the symptoms of inflammation associate with fungal infection.
Directions for Use of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Use Sebifin Plus Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- It is not for use for children below 12 years old
- It is for external use only.
- Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Sebifin Plus Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Sebifin Plus Cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. It is advised to not use any other medicine together without your doctor's advice....
Storage and disposal of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not keep outdated medicine.
Dosage of Sebifin Plus Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I apply it in excess amount for fast healing?
Q: What is the use of Sebifin Plus Cream?
Q: How to use Sebifin Plus Cream?
Q: Can I use Sebifin Plus Cream on my face?
Q: Can I put Sebifin Plus Cream in the freezer?
- CDSCO. Mometasone furoate and terbinafine hcl cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema. Terbinafine 1 % Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema.SmPC. Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/w Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema.PIL. Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/w Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)