Sebifin Plus Cream
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sebifin Plus Cream has two main components, mometasone and terbinafine. This combination medicine is used topically to treat redness, swelling or itching of the skin associated with fungal infection.
These components belong to a different class of medicines that are steroid and topical antifungal. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying this cream. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Before starting the treatment you should tell the doctor about detailed health condition especially skin-related problems if any. If you don't see any improvement even after two weeks of treatment, let your doctor know immediately....
Uses of Sebifin Plus Cream
Sebifin Plus Cream is used in the treatment of topical fungal infection associated with symptoms like itching and swelling.
Contraindications of Sebifin Plus Cream
- If you are allergic to Sebifin Plus Cream or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face, acne, itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and any other skin infections.
Side effects of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Peeling of skin
- Allergic skin reactions
- Bacterial and secondary skin infections
- Thinning of the skin
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
- Burning/itching/stinging sensation at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Sebifin Plus Cream
Can I use Sebifin Plus Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor. Also, if prescribed by the physician then avoid applying it to larger skin areas for a prolonged duration to reduce the risk of systemic absorption.
Can I use Sebifin Plus Cream while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine may excrete into breast milk in small amounts and can affect the suckling child. Yet, apply the least amount of this medicine on the affected area carefully and avoid any contact of the applied areas with the baby. Consult your doctor for more details.
Can I drive if I have used Sebifin Plus Cream?
Sebifin Plus Cream is to be applied topically so it is very unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol while using Sebifin Plus Cream?
It is meant to be used topically and there is no information available for its use with alcohol consumption. Still, you should avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount as it may delay the healing from infection and inflammation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should avoid contact of this cream with your eyes, lips or nose, upon accidental contact rinse it immediately.
- Avoid smoking or go near naked flames as there is a risk of severe burns after applying this cream because any clothing or bedding that have been in contact with this medicine catches fire easily, becautious....Read more
- It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- It is for external application only and is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive.
- You develop an infection on your skin.
- You are suffering from psoriasis and you think the symptoms got worsen. Caution is advised if being used for psoriasis patients.
Mode of Action of Sebifin Plus Cream
How Does It Work?
- Mometasone is a topical steroid. It acts by inhibiting the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that are responsible for redness, itching and swelling on the skin. Thereby helpsin reducing the inflammation associated with it....Read more
- Terbinafine works by inhibiting the action of enzyme ergosterol present in the fungal cell wall and essential for cell wall formation in fungus. Thereby it leads to a decrease in the production of ergosterol and weakens the outer membrane of the fungus and which ultimately leads to its death and prevents the growth of fungus....Read more
- The collective action of these two components helps in reducing the symptoms of inflammation associate with fungal infection.
Directions for Use of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Use Sebifin Plus Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- It is not for use for children below 12 years old
- It is for external use only.
- Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Sebifin Plus Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Sebifin Plus Cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines fortreating other health conditions. It is advised to not use any other medicine together without your doctor's advice....Read more
Storage and disposal of Sebifin Plus Cream
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not keep outdated medicine.
Dosage of Sebifin Plus Cream
As this medicine is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. If you have applied this cream in extra quantity, you should wipe out the excess of this medicine with tissue or cot
ton. However, if you use Sebifin Plus Cream more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance. Upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose. Do not stop the medicine abruptly if you feel better witho
ut consulting your doctor. You should reduce the use of cream gradually before stopping use....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I apply it in excess amount for fast healing?
A: No, if you use the cream more often than recommended, or on large areas of the body, it can cause hormonal imbalance. In children, this may affect their growth and development. Usually, it is not used for children below 12 years old unless prescribed by a dermatologist depending upon the clinical condition.
Q: What is the use of Sebifin Plus Cream?
A: It is used for the treatment of fungal infection on the skin.
Q: How to use Sebifin Plus Cream?
A: It should be applied to the affected skin area. Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips, or inside of the nose. Spread the medicine away from these areas when applying. If the medicine accidentally gets on these areas, wash with water at once. Apply the medicine to clean, dry areas of the skin affected by acne. Rub in gently and well. Wash your hands afterwards to remove any medicine that may remain on them.
Q: Can I use Sebifin Plus Cream on my face?
A: You can apply Sebifin Plus Cream on the facial area but make sure not to expose eyes or ingest the medicine accidentally. But if you have a condition called rosacea or herpes on the face, then do not use it, as it can worsen these skin conditions.
Q: Can I put Sebifin Plus Cream in the freezer?
A: No, do not let it freeze, as it may alter its efficacy. Store it at room temperature only.
- CDSCO. Mometasone furoate and terbinafine hcl cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema. Terbinafine 1 % Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema.SmPC. Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/w Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema.PIL. Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/w Cream. [Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved