Salza Syrup 150ml
Salza Syrup 150ml Description
Salza Syrup contains a combination of vitamin B9 (Folic acid), vitamin B12, iron & zinc and other essential nutrients that the body requires for optimal health. It is a nutritional supplement contain
ing multivitamins and multi-minerals. This medicine acts by improving the iron stores and maintaining the optimum level of iron and folic acid in the body. Iron is needed to produce the red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body. It works by restoring iron storage in the body to make more red blood cells. Folic acid is essential for cell division and the development of blood cells. Salza Syrup helps to improve the immunity, oxygen supply to muscles, energy levels, overall health and well-being of an individual. Deficiencies occur mainly due to illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, digestive disorders and many other conditions. Take Salza as prescribed by your doctor for the stated duration. It can be taken with or without a meal. However, avoid tea or coffee along with this supplement as it may alter the effectiveness.
Uses of Salza Syrup 150ml
- Salza Syrup is used for the treatment and prevention of different forms of anaemia.
- For preventing iron, folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc deficiencies during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
- As a dietary supplement.
Precautions and Warnings of Salza Syrup 150ml
Other General Warnings
- You have any existing medical condition or family history of any medical conditions.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the component of this supplement.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Salza Syrup 150ml
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of the growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth defects....
- Vitamin B12: It is essential for the functioning of the brain and nerves for the production of red blood cells and DNA synthesis. It also plays a major role in protein and fat metabolism, fertility, the functioning of hormones. It exists in different forms like Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin and Adenosylcobalamin....
- Iron: It is a vital mineral that the body requires. It is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature....
- Zinc: It is essential for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, proper vision and proper growth and development during childhood, adolescence and pregnancy. It is needed for insulin production in the body. Deficiency in pregnancy can lead to preterm delivery, low birth weight and malformations in the baby. It is also required for a proper sense of taste and smell....
Directions for Use of Salza Syrup 150ml
- Take Salza Syrup as advised by your doctor.
- You should not consume vitamin and mineral supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
- Avoid taking it with tea or coffee.
Storage and disposal of Salza Syrup 150ml
- Store the Salza Syrup in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Salza Syrup 150ml
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What foods are rich in Folic Acid, Iron, Zinc & Vitamin B12?
Q: Does Salza Syrup interact with other medicines?
- Medicines that treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours....
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines like phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), methotrexate (used to treat cancer), sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers), a water pill, metformin, omeprazole and cimetidine....
Q: Can I take the Salza Syrup during pregnancy?
Q: What happens in deficiency of folic acid?
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Folic Acid Helps Prevent Neural Tube Defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Iron [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Zinc [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]