S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
S Mucolite Syrup 60ml Description
S Mucolite Syrup 60ml is a combination of two medicinal components, namely Ambroxol and Salbutamol. It is an expectorant. It clears the mucus and reduces cough and congestion due to infection and swe
lling in the respiratory tract. To avoid the side effects, carefully follow the instruction given by your doctor or pharmacist. Use a proper measuring spoon or cup for dispensing exact quantities. You should not stop taking this medicine on your own even though the symptoms subside.
|₹8.54 (14% on MRP)
|Ambroxol(30.0 Mg) + Salbutamol / Albuterol(2.0 Mg)
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
Contraindications of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
Side effects of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
- Increased appetite
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have stomach ulcers or diabetes
- You have increased blood pressure or heart diseases
- You have a history of treatment for fits
- You have thyroid disease due to a decrease in thyroid hormones
- You have glaucoma or asthma
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking this medicine
- It should also be avoided if you are having labour pains or about to deliver as it can interfere with the process of delivery
- Even though this medicine opens up the airway, very rarely a person may feel choking sensation after consuming it, in this case, it is necessary to visit a medical facility immediately
Mode of Action of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- S Mucolite Syrup 60ml acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and its acts via two different mechanisms.
- Ambroxol in the syrup causes an increase in the secretions of the respiratory tract. It helps in the loosening of thick mucous and facilitates its removal. Mucus is removed through coughing it out and thus improves cough and congestion....
- Salbutamol acts on the muscles of the airway and causes their relaxation. It causes the airway to open up (dilate) and improves airflow reducing the difficulty in breathing. It also inhibits the release of substances, causing allergy, reducing secretions, reducing cough, and blocking the airway....
Directions for Use of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
- Take S Mucolite Syrup 60ml as instructed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest
Interactions of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml with other medicines. However, as S Mucolite Syrup 60ml contains Ambroxol & Salbutamol, any interactions are seen with these two alone may occur with this combination....
- Simultaneous use of cough suppressant with S Mucolite Syrup 60mlmay effect removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Cefuroxime, and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken simultaneously with S Mucolite Syrup 60ml can increase the side effects.
- You may experience chest pain, palpitations, shakiness of hands, nervousness, rise or fall of blood pressure if you use S Mucolite Syrup 60mlwith medicines like Phenylephrine, Levosalbutamol, Terbutaline, Arformoterol, Salmeterol, which are used in asthma, bronchitis and with Xylometazoline, which is used as a nasal decongestant...
- S Mucolite Syrup 60ml should be avoided if you are taking psychiatric illness medicines like Imipramine, Trimipramine, Rasagiline, Selegiline, which are used to treat psychiatric illness. When used with S Mucolite Syrup 60ml, these medicines can cause high blood pressure, increased heartbeats or palpitations, and shakiness....
- High blood pressure medicines like Propranolol, Timolol can oppose the action of S Mucolite Syrup 60mland can cause narrowing of the airway and make breathing difficult.
- Water pills or medicines that increase urination and are used to treat high blood pressure can cause heart rate changes when taken simultaneously with S Mucolite Syrup 60ml.
- There should be caution in the use of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml if you are already having Digoxin, which is used to treat heart failure.
Storage and disposal of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
- Store S Mucolite Syrup 60ml below 30°C, protected from sunlight and moisture
- Keep away from reach of children and pets
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicines no longer required
Dosage of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml
- Symptoms of overdose are fits, chest pain, rise or fall in blood pressure, increased heartbeats, nervousness, headache, tremors, dryness in mouth, nausea, dizziness, weakness, sleeplessness, and heart attack (rare cases)....
- If you think you have taken too much of S Mucolite Syrup 60ml or experience these symptoms after starting this medicine, contact your treating physician immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know that I have an allergy to S Mucolite Syrup 60ml?
Q: Can i consume S Mucolite Syrup 60ml if I have cough due to smoking?
Q: Can I consume S Mucolite Syrup 60ml in diabetes?
Q: Is S Mucolite Syrup 60ml is an antibiotic medicine?
Q: Is S Mucolite Syrup 60ml habit forming?
Q: For how many days should S Mucolite Syrup 60ml be continued?
Q: Will S Mucolite Syrup 60ml make me sleepy?
Q: Is it safe for children?
Q: What if one stops taking S Mucolite Syrup 60ml?
Q: When will I not be allowed to take S Mucolite Syrup 60ml?
- GSK. Ambrolex. PI. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Albuterol Syrup. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Medscape. Albuterol. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals. Product page. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/Salbutamol. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)