S Citadep Plus Tablet
S Citadep Plus Tablet Description
S Citadep Plus is a prescription medication mainly used to treat comorbid depression & anxiety disorders. It contains Clonazepam and escitalopram as their active ingredient. S Citadep Plus helps the
relaxing mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It also has sedative effects, which relieve anxiety and improve sleep. Depression is a mood disorder characterised by episodes of sadness, loss of interest, mood swings, hopelessness etc. At the same time, anxiety is characterised by episodes of excessive, unrealistic worry and fear that can interfere with daily activities. S Citadep Plus should only be taken after a doctor’s consultation. The dose of S Citadep Plus should be carefully monitored. This medicine has many side effects, especially in older patients and persons with liver and kidney disorders. Do not stop its consumption suddenly as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
|You Save||₹13.31 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Escitalopram Oxalate(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Anxiety Disorder and Comorbid Depression|
|Side effects||Nausea, Fatigue, Confusion, Drowsiness, Increased sweating, Insomnia, Sexual dysfunction.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of S Citadep Plus Tablet
- As per CDSCO, S Citadep Plus is used for
- Treatment of Comorbid Depression (depression associated with other disorders)
- Treatment of Anxiety Disorder
Contraindications of S Citadep Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to any active component of S Citadep Plus, i.e. Clonazepam, Escitalopram.
- If you are already taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)- linezolid, methylene blue, Selegiline, antipsychotic medicine-pimozide, anti-anxiety or sedative medications.
- If you are diagnosed with acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition that increases the fluid pressure in the eyes).
- If you have a seizure disorder and taking antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medications.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have respiratory issues.
- If you have a severe heart condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of S Citadep Plus Tablet
- Increased Sweating
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of S Citadep Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking S Citadep Plus.
- You experience sudden mood or behaviour changes.
- You experience recurrent suicidal ideation or self-harming thoughts.
- You notice a sudden loss of vision.
- You feel there is a worsening of the symptoms.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- If you have a mild or severe liver or kidney disease history, this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are taking medication for other conditions or any health supplements.
Mode of Action of S Citadep Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of S Citadep Plus Tablet
- Take the S Citadep Plus Tablet as per the doctor’s prescription.
- S Citadep Plus can be taken with or without food or as prescribed. In case of any stomach illness, take it after meals.
- Take S Citadep Plus preferably at the same time every day to maintain its constant level in the body.
- Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine; take it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take S Citadep Plus with other medications; consult your doctor first.
- Don’t stop taking S Citadep Plus in between, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Don’t exceed the dosage on your own without consulting a doctor.
Interactions of S Citadep Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid consuming S Citadep Plus with cola drinks, chocolates and caffeine-containing drinks like tea and coffee as it can result in serotonin syndrome (characterised by high blood pressure, confusion, and muscle rigidity). You should also avoid tyramine-rich beverages like cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, soybeans and grapefruit....
Interactions with food items
- Many medicines can interact with S Citadep Plus, making it less effective or increasing side effects. So, it is necessary to tell your doctor about all the prescription medicines you take.
- S Citadep Plus should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Concomitant use of S Citadep Plus with antidepressant-like Clomipramine, Desipramine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, etc.; opioids and other CNS depressants is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death....
- S Citadep Plus Interaction with metoprolol can lead to excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- S Citadep Plus interaction with antipsychotics (pimozide, haloperidol), tricyclic antidepressants and antihistamines can prolong QT interval on Ecg and may alter heart rhythm.
- S Citadep Plus interaction with NSAIDs, Aspirin, and other medications which affect coagulation can increase the risk of bleeding and bruises.
- S Citadep Plus may also interact with herbal medicine like St john’s wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Storage and disposal of S Citadep Plus Tablet
Dosage of S Citadep Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the signs of withdrawal symptoms related to abruptly stopping the consumption of S Citadep Plus?
Q: Can S Citadep Plus be used for all age groups, especially children or the elderly?
Q: Does taking S Citadep Plus affect my sexual life?
- Dar S, Bhat B, Jan M. Addition of benzodiazepines to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors to optimize treatment of depression: a hospital based study [Internet]. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Escitalopram: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- DailyMed - ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].