Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
By NOVO NORDISK INDIA PVT LTD
3ml Solution For Injection in Cartridge
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection contains insulin which belongs to the class of Insulins and analogues (synthetic human hormones). It is a long-acting and rapid-acting insulin. It helps to control the
blood sugar levels in a normal range. Take the injection in the prescribed dosage daily. Missing a dose may lead to high blood sugar level and may cause serious complications. Taking more than the recommended dose may lead to too low levels of blood sugar which is characterised by sweating, dizziness, headache, tremors, blurred vision, etc. You must monitor the blood sugar levels regularly, have healthy meals and follow a daily exercise regime for best results. Inform the doctor about the medical conditions before taking the injection....
Uses of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
It is used to treat diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
- If you are allergic to insulin or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you suffer from hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level).
Side effects of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
- A low blood sugar (Hypoglycaemia)
- Mood disorders
- Feeling hungry
- Visual disturbances
- Pale skin
- Skin rashes
- Pain, redness, swelling at the site of injection
Precautions and Warnings of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
Can I take the Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection during pregnancy?
The medicine is used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends it. Monitoring of blood sugar levels is suggested as the dose requirements changes with each trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take the Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection while breastfeeding?
It is used while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking the Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection?
- Insulin is known to cause low blood sugar levels and impair driving abilities.
- In case you experience the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice to balance the blood sugar levels. Keepsugar or a bar of chocolate in the car while driving....Read more
Can I consume alcohol while taking the Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection?
- Avoid alcohol when you are using the medicine as it interferes with the way insulin works.
- Consumption of alcohol leads to an increased risk of both low blood glucose level and high blood glucose level.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol while taking insulin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recurrent low blood sugar levels.
- Be careful of the symptoms of low blood sugar like sweating, mood disorders, increased heartbeats, headache, intense hunger, restlessness, dizziness, irritability. If you experience these, have sugar(Do not consume artificial sweeteners). Eat as soon as possible. Avoid taking insulin in such a scenario. If the symptoms still persist, seek medical help....Read more
- You have fever and infections.
- You have diseases related to the liver and kidney.
- You suffer from thyroid disorders.
- You are taking different insulin medicine brand.
- You have pain, itching and swelling at the injection site, you must change the site of injection.
- Avoid heavy exercise.
- You are changing your diet preferences.
- You must always carry a sugar candy with you.
- Taking insulin in recommended dosage but not taking adequate meals, leads to blood glucose levels dropping drastically.
Mode of Action of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
How Does It Work?
- Insulin is a hormone that allows the entry of blood glucose into each cell of the body. Inside the cell, glucose is used as fuel.
- In type 1 diabetes mellitus, the body fails to produce enough insulin and leads to glucose accumulation in the blood and causes high blood glucose.
- The medicine is a synthetic preparation of naturally produced insulin in the body that helps to lower the blood glucose levels by stimulating glucose uptake by cells, tissue and muscles, by skeletal muscles and fat and inhibits glucose production by the liver....Read more
Directions for Use of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
- Use the injection as per the technique suggested by the doctor or nurse.
- The injection must be taken under the skin of the thigh or upper arm or abdomen.
- Pull or fold up the skin to take the injection.
- The injection must not be taken in the vein or the muscle.
- Wait for 6 seconds before removing the needle from the injection site.
- Rotate the site of injection, avoid taking concurrent injections at the same site.
Interactions of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
Interactions with other medicines
- You may develop symptoms of low blood sugar if you are using other medicines for diabetes, Mood disorders (fluoxetine), medicines for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, lisinopril.
- You may have high blood sugar if you are using oral contraceptives, thiazide, steroids, thyroxine, medicines used to treat diarrhoea and abnormal growth of body organs like octreotide, lanreotide.
- If you are using medicine like pioglitazone to treat diabetes, be cautious, as some cases of heart attacks and heart failures have been reported.
- Some medicines block the body's response to low blood sugar, so you may not experience symptoms like headache, hunger pangs, sweating, anxiety when the blood sugar drops. This leads to a fall in bloodsugar. Inform the doctor if you are using medicines like Betablockers (Metoprolol, Propranolol, Atenolol), Clonidine, Guanethidine and Reserpine....Read more
Interactions with food items
- Take 15 mins before meals or after meals as instructed by the doctor.
- Maintain a constant meal pattern is advisable when you are taking insulin.
- Take the meals regularly when you are taking insulin as it may cause too low levels of blood sugar levels.
Storage and disposal of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
- Store between 2°C to 8°C in the refrigerator away from light and heat.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep it away from children.
- Avoid opening the carton of vials to protect it from light.
- The unused portion of medicine that has expired must not be stored and must be discarded.
Dosage of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Injection 3ml
- Taking insulin in more than the prescribed quantities leads to low blood sugar levels called hypoglycaemia which may show symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors.
- In such cases always have a blood glucometer with you, test and confirm blood glucose levels.
- Whether or not you test the levels, it is important to take glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates and then rush to the doctor or nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels that cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed taking a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one, as taking a double dose causes a drastic fall in blood glucose which is dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food items I must avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid using maida, white bread, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid using seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
- Avoid using cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Avoid using pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
Q: Can I stop taking the injection if I feel uncomfortable after taking the medicine?
A: No, avoid stopping the insulin without speaking to a doctor. It may lead to high blood sugar levels and may worsen the disease condition and complications. In case of side effects or discomfort, consult a doctor. You may need a dose adjustment.
Q: Why it is important to change the site of injection?
A: Taking injection at the same site may lead to a lump formation, local irritation and itching. Avoid taking injections at the same site or maintain a gap of one day.
Q: What other lifestyle modifications I must follow to manage diabetes?
- Diet must include chapatis, multigrain bread, puffed rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked daal, soups, steamed vegetables, cooked vegetables with less oil, Jamun, orange, guava,apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts and walnuts(handful)....Read more
- Limit sugar intake.
- Walk daily for 30 minutes.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Take the anti-diabetic medications on time.
Q: I experience low blood sugar levels often, what is the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include taking too much insulin, not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, a fever and too much exercise.
- Some medicines, when used with insulin result in such episodes like other diabetes medicine glimepiride, medicines used for a fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, etc.
- Report to the doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose adjustment.
- novolog mix 50/50 injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- Insulatard 100 international units/ml suspension for injection in vial - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- National health Portal. [Accessed on 23 June 2021] (online)
Last Updated on: 26 Jun 2021 | 07:03 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved