Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection Description
Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection contains insulin as the active substance. It is a long-acting and rapid-acting insulin. It helps to control the blood sugar levels in a normal range. Take the injectio
in the prescribed dosage. Missing a dose may lead to high blood sugar levels and may cause serious complications. Taking more than the recommended dose may lead to too low levels of blood sugar. You must monitor your blood sugar levels regularly, have healthy meals, and follow a daily exercise regime for the best results. Before using Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding, and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹168.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Insulin Degludec(2.56 Mg/Ml) + Insulin Aspart(1.05 Mg/Ml)|
|Side effects||Low blood sugar, headache, dizziness, sweating|
Uses of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
Contraindications of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
- If you are allergic to insulin or other ingredients of Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection.
- If you suffer from low blood sugar levels.
Side effects of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
- Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection may cause dizziness, drowsiness, and vision disturbances. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving....
- Avoid alcohol when you are using Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection as it interferes with the way insulin works.
Other General Warnings
- You have recurrent low blood sugar levels.
- You develop symptoms of low blood sugar like sweating, mood disorders, headache, intense hunger, restlessness, dizziness, and irritability.
- You have fever and infections.
- You have diseases related to the liver and kidney.
- You suffer from thyroid disorders.
- You are taking different insulin medicine brands.
- You have pain, itching, and swelling at the injection site.
- You are changing your diet preferences.
Mode of Action of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
- Use Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection as per the technique suggested by the doctor or nurse.
- The injection must be taken under the skin of the thigh or upper arm or abdomen.
- Pull or fold up the skin to take the injection.
- The injection must not be taken in the vein or the muscle.
- Wait for 6 seconds before removing the needle from the injection site.
- Rotate the site of injection, avoid taking concurrent injections at the same site.
Interactions of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ryzodeg Penfill 100IU injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may develop symptoms of low blood sugar if you are using other medicines for diabetes, medicines for treating mood disorders (fluoxetine), medicines for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, lisinopril....
- You may have high blood sugar if you are using oral contraceptives, thiazide, steroids, thyroxine, medicines used to treat diarrhoea, and abnormal growth of body organs like octreotide, lanreotide.
- If you are using medicine like pioglitazone to treat diabetes, be cautious.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines like beta-blockers (metoprolol, propranolol, atenolol), clonidine, guanethidine, and reserpine.
Storage and disposal of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
- Store between 2°C to 8°C in the refrigerator away from light and heat. Do not freeze it.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ryzodeg Penfill 100iu Cartridge Of 3ml Solution For Injection
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food items I must avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid using maida, white bread, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid using custard apple, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, and fruit-based desserts.
- Avoid using cheese, milkshakes, and ice creams.
- Avoid using pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks, and beverages.
Q: Can I stop taking Ryzodeg Penfill injection if I feel uncomfortable after taking the medicine?
Q: Why it is important to change the site of injection?
Q: What other lifestyle modifications I must follow to manage diabetes?
- Diet must include chapatis, multigrain bread, puffed rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked daal, soups, steamed vegetables, cooked vegetables with less oil, Jamun, orange, guava, apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts and walnuts(handful)....
- Limit sugar intake.
- Walk daily for 30 minutes.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Take the anti-diabetic medications on time.
Q: I experience low blood sugar levels often, what is the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include taking too much insulin, not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, a fever and too much exercise.
- Some medicines, when used with insulin result in such episodes like other diabetes medicine glimepiride, medicines used for a fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, etc.
- Report to the doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose adjustment.
Q: How do you use Ryzodeg Penfill injection?
- You must follow all the directions given by the doctor about how to use it. Three possible injection sites are the stomach, thighs and upper arms. However, it is advisable to rotate your injection sites with each dose to reduce your risk of getting thick or pitted skin and lumps at the injection site....
- Pinch the skin between two fingers, push the needle into the raised skin and inject the prescribed dose of insulin under the skin.
- Apply gentle pressure over the injection site for several seconds. Do not rub the area.
Q: Should Ryzodeg Penfill injection be refrigerated?
Q: What is the use of Ryzodeg Penfill injection?
Q: How many times a day should I take Ryzodeg Penfill injection?
- Novolog mix 50/50 injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Insulatard 100 international units/ml suspension for injection in vial - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Discussing Fiasp® with Patients | Fiasp® (insulin aspart injection) 100 U/mL [Internet]. novoMEDLINK. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]