Rosurica 10mg Tablet
By APRICA PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Rosurica 10mg Tab contains rosuvastatin, which belongs to a class of medicines called statins. These are used along with lifestyle modifications such as cholesterol-lowering diet and physical activity.
Uses of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels
- It is also known to prevent cardiovascular events like stroke and reduce the risk of heart attack
Contraindications of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
- If you have unexplained muscle pain
- If you are taking medicines like ciclosporin
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- If you are an alcoholic
Side effects of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Rosurica 10mg Tab
Can I take Rosurica 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraceptive methods while using this medicine.read less
Can I take Rosurica 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- A small amount of this medicine passes into breast milk
- Limited data is available on safety about Rosuvastatin during breastfeeding
- It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breastfeed the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Rosurica 10mg Tab?
This medicine does not influence your ability to drive, however, as this medicine is known to cause dizziness, hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Rosurica 10mg Tab?
Caution is advised if you are consuming excess of alcohol as it may result in liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You notice blood in urine along with muscle pain, fever. This could be serious side effect of abnormal muscle breakdown
- It can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests have to be monitored
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems
- You regularly drink excess amount of alcohol
- You have thyroid problem
- You are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like gemfibrozil, fenofibrate
- You are taking medicines for HIV infection like ritonavir with lopinavir
- You are above 70 years old
- You are diabetic
- You have lactose intolerance
- You have lung diseases
Mode of Action of Rosurica 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- Rosurica 10mg Tab is to be taken orally with or without food or as directed by your physician
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not chew or crush the tablet
Interactions of Rosurica 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- You are taking or have taken this medicine in the last seven days known as fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and rosuvastatin should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- Medicines used for thinning the blood like warfarin or clopidogrel
- Medicines used to prevent rejection after organ transplants like ciclosporin
- Increased risk of muscle damage by medicines like ezetimibe, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate which are used to lower cholesterol
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken atleast within 2 hours of taking this medicine
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Medicines used to treat cancer like regorafenib
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medicines used to treat viral infections, HIV or hepatitis C like ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, ombitasvir, paritaprevir, dasabuvir, velpatasvir, grazoprevir, elbasvir, glecaprevir, pibrentasvir
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food Limit intake of grapefruit juice to minimal quantities
Storage and disposal of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- Store in original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medicines below 30°C
Dosage of Rosurica 10mg Tab
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Although, no particular side effects of overdose of rosuvastatin are known, one must avoid an overdose of any medicine.read less
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. However, do not take 2 doses of rosuvastatin within 12 hours.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Rosurica 10mg Tab work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting Rosurica 10mg Tab. Results may vary in individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
A: Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine and reduce your alcohol intake. Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- You should take medicine at the same time everyday
- Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day such as eating dinner or brushing your teeth at night
- This may help you remember to take it
- Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine
- You can use a pillbox with the days of the week on it
- Canadian monograph. rosuvastatin. [Accessed on 7.Dec.2019] (online)
- Ema.patient leaflet information.Rosuvastatin.[Accessed on 7.Dec.2019] (online)
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Rosuvastatin. [Updated 2019 Jun 3].
- Dailymed.Rosuvastatin.[Accessed 10 Dec.2019] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:48 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved