Ropark Xl 1mg Tablet
Ropark Xl 1 MG Description
Ropark Xl Tablet contains ropinirole as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome where patients have a strong desire to move their legs, arms or other part of the
ir body and Parkinson's disease. It works by doing similar actions performed by dopamine, a chemical found in the brain and helps to control movement. Ropark Xl Tablet should be taken with food just before bedtime or as directed by your doctor.
Uses of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- Ropark Xl Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms in medical conditions called Restless legs syndrome where patients have a strong desire to move their legs, arms or other parts of their body.
- For the treatment of Parkinson's disease characterised by impaired posture and balance, shakiness, stiffness of muscle and inability to perform basic body movements.
Contraindications of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- If you are allergic to Ropinirole or any of the other ingredients of Ropark Xl Tablet.
- If you have any serious kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- Unusual perception
- Nausea, vomiting or pain in the stomach
- Swelling of legs, hand or feet
Precautions and Warnings of Ropark Xl 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease, kidney disease or heart disease.
- You are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- You have restlessness, shaking movement or slowed movement.
- You have serious mental problem.
- You are experiencing unusual change in your behaviour.
Mode of Action of Ropark Xl 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- Ropark Xl Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ropark Xl 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ropark Xl Tablet with antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin ciprofloxacin
- This Tablet when taken along with sulpiride or metoclopramide cause a decrease in the effectiveness of this medicine
- Discuss with your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are consuming before starting with Ropark Xl Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- Store Ropark Xl Tablet at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ropark Xl 1 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Ropark Xl Tablet include dizziness, sleepiness, tiredness, nausea or vomiting, unusual perceptions. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Ropark Xl Tablet work?
Q: Why does Ropark Xl Tablet cause nausea?
Q: When should Ropark Xl Tablet to be taken?
Q: Can Ropark Xl Tablet cause itching?
- Ropinirole - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Ropinirole - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Ropinirole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]