Rivotril 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rivotril 2 MG Description
Rivotril 2 mg tablet is a prescription medication used for the treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depression, and epilepsy (seizures). The active ingredient of Rivotril 2 mg tablet is cl
onazepam. It reduces excess neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers. Mood disorders such as anxiety disorder, panic disorder, etc., affect how one feels. This condition is occasionally also accompanied by a major depressive disorder. The causes of mood disorders are generally unknown. They may be caused by common triggers like stress, trauma, etc. The other condition that Rivotril 2 mg tablet helps control is epilepsy, which is caused by overactivity in the brain. The mode of action of Rivotril 2 mg tablet is by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain and causing feelings of calmness. Sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are some of the common side effects of Rivotril 2 mg tablets. This medicine can cause behavioural changes and cause suicidal thoughts and tendencies. It may also lead to physical dependency if used in the long term. It is essential to monitor the dosage and not use it for long. Suddenly stopping this medicine can result in withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹14.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizure disorder, Comorbid depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Rivotril 2 MG
- As per CDSCO, Rivotril 2 mg tablets are used for the following:
- Treatment of anxiety and panic disorders (both are mood disorders).
- Managing conditions such as comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions).
- Treatment of certain types of seizure disorders like myoclonic and akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Rivotril 2 MG
Side effects of Rivotril 2 MG
- Side effects of Rivotril 2 mg tablets include:
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased saliva secretion
Precautions and Warnings of Rivotril 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Rivotril 2 mg tablets.
- You are an older adult over 65 years of age; Rivotril 2 mg tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen with time.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc.; the dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered.
- You have kidney or liver conditions.
- You are obese; The dose needs to be monitored.
- You are taking any herbal or Ayurvedic supplements like St john's Wort (herbal medicine for depression).
Mode of Action of Rivotril 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rivotril 2 MG
- Take Rivotril 2 mg tablets exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Take it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Rivotril 2 mg tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using Rivotril 2 mg tablets.
- Rivotril 2 mg tablets can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after food.
Interactions of Rivotril 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use other sedatives or antidepressant medicines if you use this medicine. The reactions between them can cause unwanted effects. Inform your doctor if you have used any in the last 14 days.
- Do not use opiates or narcotic painkillers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), allergy medicine, and cold or cough medicine with this tablet. They can cause excessive drowsiness.
- If you are using antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., with Rivotril medicine, their effectiveness can be reduced. So, inform your doctor so they can adjust the dose as needed.
- Rivotril 2 mg tablet interacts with many other medications. Inform your doctor about all medicines you are currently using.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while you are taking this medication as it can increase the levels of Rivotril in the blood and cause side effects.
Storage and disposal of Rivotril 2 MG
Dosage of Rivotril 2 MG
- An overdose of Rivotril 2 mg tablets can cause dizziness, sudden muscle movements, drowsiness, convulsions, and loss of consciousness for some time. If you experience these symptoms after taking this medicine, consult a doctor and seek medical treatment immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Rivotril 2 mg tablet as a sleeping pill?
Q: Is Rivotril 2 mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
- Yes. In some people, Rivotril 2 mg tablets can be habit-forming medicine. Do not use it if you have a history of addiction such as alcohol dependency, drug abuse, etc. Do not stop using it abruptly; it can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, etc....
- Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. National Library of Medicine. medlineplus.gov [cited 18 Feb 2022]
- CS; M. Clonazepam as a Therapeutic Adjunct to Improve the Management of Depression: A Brief Review [Internet]. Human Psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov [cited 18 Feb 2022]
- The Efficacy and Safety of Clonazepam in Patients with Anxiety Disorder Taking Newer Antidepressants: A Multicenter Naturalistic Study [Internet]. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience: The Official Scientific Journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016. [cited 18 Feb 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 Feb 2022]