Rexipra 10mg Tablet
Rexipra 10 MG Description
Rexipra 10mg Tablet is a prescription medication primarily used to manage depression and other mental health conditions like anxiety, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder(OCD). Rexipra T
ablet contains escitalopram as a key ingredient that helps recover from depression by improving mood and relieving anxiety and tension. Serotonin modulates various behavioural processes, including mood, anger, memory, fear, appetite, stress response, etc. Rexipra Tablet can be taken with or without food or as prescribed. The dosage and frequency of the medication will be decided by the doctor depending on your symptoms and the severity of your condition. Some common side effects of the Rexipra Tablet include nausea, fatigue, increased sweating, difficulty in sleeping, decreased sexual drive, delayed ejaculation, and difficulties achieving orgasm in women. If any of these side effects get worse or last for a longer time, consult a doctor. Talk to your doctor before starting or stopping the medicine or even increasing its dosage.
|Uses||Treatment of Depression, Generalised Anxiety disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Insomnia, Sexual dysfunction, Anorgasmia in women, Nausea, Increased sweating, Fatigue.|
Uses of Rexipra 10 MG
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Treatment of panic disorder
Contraindications of Rexipra 10 MG
- If you are allergic to the ingredients in Rexipra Tablet.
- If you suffer from severe liver disease, the liver metabolises these medicines.
- If you have a history of fits or have electroconvulsive treatment.
- If you are a glaucoma patient, this medicine can increase the pressure in the eye.
- If you are pregnant and lactating.
Side effects of Rexipra 10 MG
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Sexual dysfunction (primarily decreased sexual drive and male ejaculatory delay)
- Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm) in women
- Increased sweating
- Abnormal dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Rexipra 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- Your depression or anxiety disorder situation is worsening.
- You see things or hear voices that do not exist (hallucination).
- You have problems with thinking, concentration, or memory.
- You experience seizures.
- You feel the currently prescribed dosage isn't relieving your symptoms effectively.
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of this medicine.
Mode of Action of Rexipra 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rexipra 10 MG
- Always use the Rexipra Tablet as directed by your doctor.
- Read the prescription pamphlet carefully before using it. Talk to your doctor if you are unclear about the instructions.
- Take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take the tablet orally, all at once, with a whole glass of water, preferably at the same time.
- Don't crush, break or chew it.
- Don’t take more than the recommended or prescribed dose.
- Do not abruptly stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of Rexipra 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should consult your doctor before taking this medicine and tell them about all the medications you are taking. There is a chance of interaction with the following medicines -
- Antidepressants like imipramine and desipramine may interact with escitalopram and lead to very high blood pressure.
- Clarithromycin, ketoconazole, sulfonylureas, diuretics and other medicine can exaggerate side effects or may make you feel drowsy.
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t influence the effect of the Rexipra Tablet. Talk to your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you are currently taking before using this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rexipra 10 MG
Dosage of Rexipra 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Rexipra Tablet before I see improvement in my symptoms?
Q: Does taking Rexipra Tablet leads to weight loss/gain?
Q: Does taking Rexipra Tablet affects my sex life?
- Katzung BG. eds. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14e. McGraw Hill; 2017. Accessed January 22, 2022.
- Escitalopram: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 22 January 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 January 2022]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 January 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 January 2022]. Available from: