Resoten 20mg Capsule
By KLM LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Resoten 20 MG Description
Resoten Capsule contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. Take Resoten Capsule as instructed by the doctor.
Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid self-medication and do not recommend the medicine to others even if they are having the same symptoms. Always discuss with your physician if you have any medical condition including any other skin problems.
|You Save||₹31.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, weakness, back pain, muscle pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Isotretinoin(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Resoten 20 MG
Resoten Capsule is used to treat severe acne which has not responded to any other treatments.
Contraindications of Resoten 20 MG
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of Resoten Capsule.
- If you have high blood cholesterol.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have high levels of vitamin A in your body.
- If you are taking tetracyclines like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline (antibiotic).
Side effects of Resoten 20 MG
- Dry skin
- Back pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Resoten 20 MG
Can I take Resoten Capsule during pregnancy?
- Resoten Capsule must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine....
Can I take Resoten Capsule while breastfeeding?
Resoten Capsule is likely to pass into your milk and may harm your baby, hence it should not be used during breastfeeding and should consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Resoten Capsule?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly and dizziness. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Resoten Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Resoten Capsule, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any problems with your mental health.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or plan to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Resoten Capsule
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Resoten Capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Resoten 20 MG
How Does It Work?
A high amount of oil can cause severe acne. Resoten Capsule works by decreasing the oil in the skin and reducing the production of facial oil thus preventing acne.
Directions for Use of Resoten 20 MG
- Take Resoten Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Resoten 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Resoten Capsule.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of this medicine with other creams and ointments like benzoyl peroxide, tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin, should be avoided.
Interactions with food items
- Resoten Capsule should be taken with or after having your food.
Storage and disposal of Resoten 20 MG
- Store Resoten Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Resoten 20 MG
Excess of this medicine will lead to high levels of vitamin A in the body and symptoms such as headache, nausea or vomiting, sleepiness, irritability and itching. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Resoten Capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by a doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Does Resoten Capsule make your skin dry?
A: Resoten Capsule may make your skin a little dry, hence you should keep yourself well hydrated and keep moisturizing your skin.
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed