Resodim 15mg Tablet
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Resodim Tablet contains Tolvaptan as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of low sodium levels in the blood seen in conditions such as heart disease, liver disease (liver cirrhosis), et
c. where a decrease in fluid intake fails to increase sodium level in blood. It works by blocking the action of vasopressin hormone which is also known as an antidiuretic hormone on the kidney. This results in failure of water absorption by the kidney leading to an increase in urine production, decreasing water content in the blood and thereby increasing sodium level in the blood. Headache, dizziness, excessive thirst, loose motions, dry mouth, etc. are some of the side effects of using this medicine. This medicine can be taken with or without food....
Uses of Resodim 15mg Tablet
For the treatment of low sodium levels in the blood seen in conditions such as heart disease, liver disease (liver cirrhosis), etc. where decreasing in fluid intake failed to increase sodium level in
Contraindications of Resodim 15mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Tolvaptan or any of the other ingredients of Resodim Tablet.
- If your urine output in a day is less than 100ml.
- If your doctor tells you that you have a liver injury after doing a blood investigation for liver function.
- If your doctor tells you that you have a high sodium level in your blood.
- If you are a pregnant or lactating mother.
- If you have severe dehydration.
Side effects of Resodim 15mg Tablet
- Excessive thirst
- Loose motions
- Dry mouth
- Increased frequency of urination
- Excessive urination at night
Precautions and Warnings of Resodim 15mg Tablet
Can I take Resodim Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to the foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Resodim Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to be excreted in the milk. This medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Resodim Tablet?
This medicine can cause dizziness, weakness or tiredness. Avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Resodim Tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver disease or you are diabetic.
- You have difficulty in urination.
- Your blood sodium levels are too high or low.
- You have high levels of uric acids in the blood.
- You are suffering from any kidney disease.
- Use of Resodim Tablet may cause your liver to not function properly, if you find dark urine, nausea or vomiting after using this medicine then immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine causes loss of water from the body, it is important to drink plenty of water during the treatment.
- Resodim Tablet should not be given to the children below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Resodim 15mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Resodim Tablet works by blocking the action of vasopressin hormone which is also known as an antidiuretic hormone in the kidney. This results in failure of water absorption by the kidney leading to an
increase in urine production, decreasing water content in the blood and thereby increasing sodium level in the blood....
Directions for Use of Resodim 15mg Tablet
Take Resodim Tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it reg
ularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount....
Interactions of Resodim 15mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Resodim Tablet with other medicines such as amprenavir, aprepitant, ciprofloxacin, diltiazem, fluconazole, imatinib, verapamil, itraconazole, clarithromycin causes increases its action....Read more
- Medicines such as rifabutin, phenytoin, rifampicin, carbamazepine, when taken together with Resodim Tablet, can decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Resodim Tablet along with other medicines such as hypertonic saline solution cause an increase in sodium level in blood.
- Medicines used in for the removal of water from the body (diuretics) such as thiazide and loop diuretic can cause severe dehydration.
- Taking this medicine along with other medications such as desmopressin decreases the action of desmopressin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Taking Resodim Tablet with grapefruit juice increases the blood level of this medicine. grapefruit should be avoided when taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Resodim 15mg Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Store in the original package.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Resodim 15mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include increased frequency of urination, feeling thirsty, dehydration, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Resodim Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Resodim Tablet?
A: Resodim Tablet is used for the treatment of low sodium level in the blood seen in conditions such as heart disease, liver disease (liver cirrhosis), etc. where a decrease in fluid intake failed to increase sodium level in blood.
Q: How does Resodim Tablet work?
A: Resodim Tablet works by blocking the action of vasopressin hormone which is also known as an antidiuretic hormone on the kidney. This results in failure of water absorption by the kidney leading to an increase in urine production, decreasing water content in the blood and thereby increasing sodium level in the blood.
Q: Can Resodim Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Resodim Tablet can cause diarrhoea as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: How long Resodim Tablet can be taken?
A: Resodim Tablet should not be taken for more than 30 days to minimize the risk of liver injury.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved