Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Repace 50 MG Description
Repace 50 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing losartan as its active ingredient. Repace 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. Whi
le taking this medicine you should follow a healthy diet and should also exercise regularly. Repace 50 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. The doctor may also suggest avoiding potassium supplements during the treatment because they may raise potassium levels in the bloodstream. So, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure. You should provide a complete medical history along with family history to your doctor before starting this medicine.
- Losartrue 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.00₹ 55.2517% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
- Cosart 50mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.30₹ 42.6436% CHEAPER₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Losakind 50mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.11₹ 40.0440% CHEAPER₹ 4.0/Tablet
- Losium 50mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 141.80₹ 120.5340% CHEAPER₹ 4.02/Tablet
- Lostat 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.00₹ 49.3051% CHEAPER₹ 3.29/Tablet
- Omnitan 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.50₹ 89.6711% CHEAPER₹ 5.98/Tablet
- Losanorm 50mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.70₹ 59.2411% CHEAPER₹ 5.92/Tablet
- Relate 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Olcare Laboratories Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 90.0010% CHEAPER₹ 6.0/Tablet
- Losartar 50mg TabletBy Shrrishti Health Care Products Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 50.0025% CHEAPER₹ 5.0/Tablet
- Losartas 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 102.50₹ 87.1213% CHEAPER₹ 5.81/Tablet
Uses of Repace 50 MG
Contraindications of Repace 50 MG
- If you are allergic to losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Repace 50 MG
- Increased potassium levels
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
Precautions and Warnings of Repace 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- Caution is required if you are diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril.
Mode of Action of Repace 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Repace 50 MG
Interactions of Repace 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Repace 50 tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Repace 50 tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Repace 50 MG
- Do not store Repace 50 tablet above 25°C.
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Repace 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Repace 50 tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take anti-diabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Repace 50 tablet?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Repace 50 tablet given?
Q: What is the difference between the Repace 50 tablet and the Repace H?
- COZAAR 100 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- COZAAR 100 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]