Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Repace 50 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing losartan as its active ingredient. Repace 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. Whil
e taking this medicine you should follow a healthy diet and should also exercise regularly. Repace 50 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. The doctor may also suggest avoiding potassium supplements during the treatment because they may raise potassium levels in the bloodstream. So, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure. You should provide a complete medical history along with family history to your doctor before starting this medicine....
Uses of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Repace 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Increased potassium levels
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
Precautions and Warnings of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Repace 50 tablet during pregnancy?
Repace 50 tablets should not be taken during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. If you happen to become pregnant while on this medicine or planning a pregnancy inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Repace 50 tablet while breastfeeding?
Repace 50 tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to consult a doctor to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Repace 50 tablet?
If you feel dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle when on the Repace 50 tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Repace 50 tablet?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- Caution is required if you are diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril.
Mode of Action of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Repace 50 tablet prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus ca
using the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Repace 50 tablet should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Repace 50 tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc....Read more
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Repace 50 tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Repace 50 tablet can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Do not store Repace 50 tablet above 25°C.
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Overdose symptoms of the Repace 50 tablet can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness. Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of
the side effects....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compe
nsate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Repace 50 tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take anti-diabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....Read more
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Repace 50 tablet?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Repace 50 tablet given?
A: Repace 50 tablet is given mainly to reduce the raised blood pressure and also as an adjuvant to treat certain heart conditions.
Q: What is the difference between the Repace 50 tablet and the Repace H?
A: Repace 50 tablet contains Losartan, while Repace H is a combination of Losartan and Hydrochlorthiazide. Both medicines are used to lower the raised blood pressure. However, the use of each medicine differs based on the blood pressure range and the conditions associated with it. Your doctor would assess your health condition and decide the most appropriate medicine for you.
- COZAAR 100 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- COZAAR 100 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get up to Rs.500 Paytm Cashback via Paytm wallet.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved