Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml Description
Renicol Px Eye Drop is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. It contains a combination of Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients. Polymyxin-B and chloramph
nicol are antibiotic medicines, while dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain, and swelling of the eyes. Renicol Px Eye Drop should be used in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine given by your doctor. Renicol Px Eye Drop is meant for external use, and it should be used on the eyes and the area near the eyes.
|You Save||₹3.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chloramphenicol(5.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(500.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, dryness, swelling of eye|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, dexamethasone, or any component of Renicol Px Eye Drop.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis, or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
- Burning sensation
- Allergic rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this Eye Drop for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Renicol Px Eye Drop contains Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients.
- Polymyxin-B is an antibiotic that alters the permeability of the cell membrane of the bacteria which results in the death of the infection-causing organism.
- Chloramphenicol is also an antibiotic that prevents the formation of proteins in the bacteria that are required for certain important functions.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces redness, pain, swelling, and discomfort caused due to the infection.
Directions for Use of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Renicol Px Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of Eye Drop as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Renicol Px Eye Drop is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Concomitant use of Renicol Px Eye Drop with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines used for the treatment of fits/seizures (phenytoin, phenobarbitone), breathing problems (ephedrine), and tuberculosis (rifampicin) may reduce the effect of this Eye Drop
- Renicol Px Eye Drop can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
Storage and disposal of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Renicol Px Eye Drops 5ml
- As Renicol Px Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.