Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Reclide Xr Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine that contains gliclazide as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Take this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. It should be taken before food. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. It should be taken just before or with food. Headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness are some side effects that you may experience while on treatment with this medicine. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then contact your doctor immediately. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Reclide Xr Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus, when diet, exercise and weight loss fail to lower blood sugar.
Contraindications of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- If you are allergic to gliclazide or any other ingredients of Reclide Xr Tablet.
- If you have type 1 diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes.
- If you are taking miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver.
- If you have ketones and sugar in your urine.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Fever, headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion
- Diarrhoea, constipation
- Rash, itching, redness, swelling
- Low blood sugar, unconsciousness
- Irritation, confusion, fits, excessive hunger
- Prolonged bleeding, bruising
- Abnormal liver function increased liver enzymes
- Blurred vision, sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Can I take Reclide Xr Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Reclide Xr Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Gliclazide passes into human milk, hence it should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Reclide Xr Tablet?
This medicine is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability. Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving. In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, then stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Reclide Xr Tablet?
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with this medicine as it affects blood glucose levels.
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption.
- It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes with the way this medicine works.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing a serious side effect.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood sugar.
- You consume alcohol.
- You have heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver and kidney.
- You experience sweating, anxiety, fast or irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pain.
- You experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You should follow a regular diet and should not skip or delay any meals.
- You should take your medicine on time.
- This medicine is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- The pancreas has Beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin.
- Gliclazide works by increasing those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Take Reclide Xr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water before meals.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Reclide Xr Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Reclide Xr Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antibiotics and antifungal medicines such as clarithromycin or miconazole, medicines used for breast and menstrual disorders like danazol or other anti-diabetic medicines like insulin etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antihypertensives like captopril, anti-depressants such as phenelzine, St John's Wort (herbal), medicines for breathing-related problems like salbutamol etc.Read less
- Concurrent use of painkillers like Phenylbutazone is not recommended as it may cause a sudden drop in blood sugar level.
- Reclide Xr Tablet may increase the effects of anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin), if taken along.
Storage and disposal of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Store Reclide Xr Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Reclide Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Excess of Reclide Xr Tablet will lead to low blood sugar levels with symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, fainting, dizziness, excess sweating, excessive hunger, fits, anxiety, blurred vision, palpitations.Read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your blood sugar medicines, as it may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with that.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Reclide Xr Tablet?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: Can I stop Reclide Xr Tablet on my own, if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of diabetes. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid fruits like mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Last Updated on: 30 Mar 2021 | 05:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved