Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets Description
Rantac D tablet is an anti-reflux medicine. It contains a combination of domperidone and ranitidine. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition where acid from th
e stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it, are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney diseases. It should be taken before food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.55 (10% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Ranitidine(150.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 20 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.05₹ 51.89₹
Uses of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Contraindications of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Domperidone, Ranitidine or any other element of Rantac D tablet.
- If you have an obstruction or perforations (tear) in your intestine.
- If you have any bleeding problem in the digestive tract.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems and an electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are on medications like Nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), Verapamil (used to control high blood pressure), Clarithromycin (antibiotics), Ketoconazole (antifungal).
Side effects of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You have stomach ulcers or cancer.
- You are suffering from any lung-related diseases.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You have porphyria (an autoimmune disorder of the skin).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
Mode of Action of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Rantac D tablet works by the combined effects of both its components - Domperidone and Ranitidine.
- Domperidone works by increasing the motility (movement) of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
- Ranitidine works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid thus reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Directions for Use of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rantac D tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines used to treat your heart problems (like quinidine, amiodarone, verapamil), medicines used to treat your mental health (haloperidol, citalopram), antibiotics (erythromycin), medicines used to treat your fungal infections (pentamidine, ketoconazole), medicines used to treat malaria (halofantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (mizolastine), medicines used to treat cancer (vandetanib)....
- Concomitant use of Rantac D tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store Rantac D tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Rantac D Strip Of 20 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Rantac D tablet?
Q: How to take Rantac D tablet?
Q: How long should I take Rantac D tablet?
Q: What is GERD?
Q: What are the contents present in Rantac D?
Q: Is Rantac D good for gas?
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ranitidine 150mg Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ranitidine 150mg Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Rantac 150 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac Od 300 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac Mint Flavour Syrup 100 Ml
- Rantac Mps Elaichi Taste Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 170 Ml Suspension
- Rantac Rd Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Rantac Infant Mint Flavour Syrup 30 Ml
- Rantac Ampoule Of 2 Ml Injection
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 10 Tablets