Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets Description
Ranidom tablet is an antacid and anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) - a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow
of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Ranidom tablet is a combination medicine containing omeprazole and domperidone as active substances. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken before meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom tablet is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, not responding to omeprazole alone.
- It is also used to relieve associated symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc.
Contraindications of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to omeprazole, domperidone, or any of the ingredients of Ranidom tablet.
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis or you had a fracture.
- If you have heart problems like congestive heart failure or heart rhythm problems.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland.
Side effects of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools after using this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis, or are taking medicines called steroids.
- You are taking this medicine for more than three months.
- You have heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ranidom tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients - omeprazole and domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent which increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ranidom tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Avoid using this medicine if you are taking clopidogrel, medicines used to treat HIV like atazanavir and nelfinavir, antifungals like posaconazole, ketoconazole, and itraconazole.
- If you are taking medicines like methotrexate, tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects
- Do not take an antibiotic called erythromycin if you are taking Ranidom tablet.
- Medicines used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Care should be taken when using medicines used for treating mental disorders like diazepam, phenytoin and medicines used to stop blood from clotting like warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store Ranidom tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking Ranidom tablet for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its own side effects.
- Ranidom tablet should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self-medicate yourself.
- On long term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk, and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment.
Q: Does smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
Q: What is the use of Ranidom tablet?
- Ranidom tablet is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) not responding to omeprazole alone. It is also used to relieve associated symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc....
Q: Can I use Ranidom tablet in pregnancy?
- Domzel-O Capsule [Internet]. Domperidone 10 mg-Breastfeeding-Gastroparesis. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Omeprazole 20mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- RANIDOM O ORANGE FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 200ML SUSPENSION
- RANIDOM NF STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- RANIDOM RD STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- RANIDOM PD PEPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- RANIDOM INJECTION 2ML
- RANIDOM O SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 200ML SUSPENSION
- RANIDOM O INJECTION 2ML
- RANIDOM ON INJECTION 2ML
- RANIDOM DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES