Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets Description
Ranidom tablet is an antacid and anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) - a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Ranidom tablet is a combination medicine containing omeprazole and domperidone as active substances. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken before meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹11.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Domperidone(15.0 Mg),Omeprazole(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, dry mouth, diarrhoea, headache|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(15.0 Mg) + Omeprazole(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom tablet is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, not responding to omeprazole alone.
- It is also used to relieve associated symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc.
Contraindications of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to omeprazole, domperidone, or any of the ingredients of Ranidom tablet.
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis or you had a fracture.
- If you have heart problems like congestive heart failure or heart rhythm problems.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland.
Side effects of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Ranidom tablet during pregnancy?
Ranidom tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Ranidom tablet while breastfeeding?
Ranidom tablet may pass into human breast milk. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Your doctor may recommend this medicine only after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ranidom tablet?
Ranidom tablet may cause headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, and visual disturbances. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ranidom tablet?
No interaction between alcohol and Ranidom tablet has been reported. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with Ranidom tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools after using this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis, or are taking medicines called steroids.
- You are taking this medicine for more than three months.
- You have heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ranidom tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients - omeprazole and domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent which increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ranidom tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Avoid using this medicine if you are taking clopidogrel, medicines used to treat HIV like atazanavir and nelfinavir, antifungals like posaconazole, ketoconazole, and itraconazole.
- If you are taking medicines like methotrexate, tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects
- Do not take an antibiotic called erythromycin if you are taking Ranidom tablet.
- Medicines used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Care should be taken when using medicines used for treating mental disorders like diazepam, phenytoin and medicines used to stop blood from clotting like warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store Ranidom tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ranidom Strip Of 20 Tablets
Overdose of Ranidom tablet can result in confusion, dizziness, nausea, or headache. In case of an overdose, visit your nearest hospital or contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ranidom tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking Ranidom tablet for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its own side effects.
- Ranidom tablet should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self-medicate yourself.
- On long term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk, and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment.
Q: Does smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: What is the use of Ranidom tablet?
- Ranidom tablet is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) not responding to omeprazole alone. It is also used to relieve associated symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc....
Q: Can I use Ranidom tablet in pregnancy?
A: Ranidom tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby.
- Domzel-O Capsule [Internet]. Domperidone 10 mg-Breastfeeding-Gastroparesis. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Omeprazole 20mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Ranidom O Orange Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
- Ranidom Nf Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom Pd Peppermint Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Ranidom O Sugar Free Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
- Ranidom O Tablet
- Ranidom Mps Bottle Of 170 Ml Suspension
- Ranidom O Rf 10 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ranidom O Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Ranidom Injection 2 Ml
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay