Rabium 20mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabium Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn associated with conditions like stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as
the active ingredient that acts by blocking the action of micropumps in the stomach wall which is responsible for acid production. This medication reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning 30 minutes before meals. Patients with osteoporosis, diarrhoea, electrolyte imbalance and liver problems should use this medicine cautiously....
Uses of Rabium 20mg Tablet
- It is used for the treatment of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Rabium 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabium 20mg Tablet
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabium 20mg Tablet
Can I take Rabium Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Rabium Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited data regarding its safety. If you think you may be pregnant and happen to be taking this medicine, consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Rabium Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rabium Tablet if you are breastfeeding as there is limited information related to its safe usage in lactating mothers. Your doctor will prescribe you safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabium Tablet?
This medicine usually does not interfere with the driving ability. However, there are chances of drowsiness and dizziness with Rabium Tablet. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery if you feel drowsy or dizzy.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabium Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking rabeprazole does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion, problems in swallowing and liver function problem.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You experience skin reaction and frequent diarrhoea after taking similar medicine.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12, which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Rabium Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Rabium 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- In the body, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....Read more
- Rabium Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps, thus acid release in the stomach decreases, and this helps in the healing of ulcers and improves symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....Read more
Directions for Use of Rabium 20mg Tablet
Take Rabium Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water before meals preferably in the morning.
Interactions of Rabium 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Rabium Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....Read more
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as ketoconazole or itraconazole should be used cautiously, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Rabium Tablet should not be taken with food or milk. You should take it 30 minutes before food. As food decreases the effectiveness of rabeprazole medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rabium 20mg Tablet
- Store Rabium Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rabium 20mg Tablet
The symptoms of overdose with Rabium Tablet are similar to the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and c
ontact your doctor or visit the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Rabium Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the misse
d dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the complications associated with the long term use of Rabium Tablet?
A: The long term use of Rabium Tablet can lead to liver function problem, imbalance in salt levels (magnesium, calcium and sodium) and B12 deficiency. So if you experience symptoms like yellow skin and eyes, loss of appetite, nausea, itching, dizziness, fits, headache, irritability, tiredness or pale skin, visit your doctor immediately. Your doctor may ask you to do regular blood tests.
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rabium Tablet?
A: The absorption of vitamin B12 and vitamin B12 stores in the body can get affected by the long term use of rabeprazole. Rabeprazole reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 from the stomach due to its stomach acid, reducing effects and can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rabium Tablet Tablet?
A: Rabium Tablet produces bone weakness and can increase the risk of getting fractures in elderly patients if taken in high doses for long term treatment.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rabium Tablet, what should I do?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of Rabium Tablet but sometimes can be serious.Rabium Tabletreduces the gastric acid levels and can increase the bacterial count in the gut and can lead to infections. So consult your doctor immediately in case of persistent diarrhoea. He will decide whether to continue this medicine or stop it after clinical examination.
Q: Can I take Rabium Tablet empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can take Rabium Tablet in an empty stomach. You should preferably take this medicine in the morning on an empty stomach for better stomach acid regulation throughout the day.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 03 May 2021 | 12:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved