Rabiplus 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By WANBURY LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabiplus Capsule is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as its active medicine. It is categorized under the class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning, 30 minutes before meals....
|You Save||₹35.86 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Acid reflux disease, heart burn, chest discomfort, acidity|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rabiplus 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Uses of Rabiplus 20 MG
- For the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach rises to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Rabiplus 20 MG
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabiplus 20 MG
- Sleeplessness, headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation, gas
- Back pain, weakness, tiredness
Precautions and Warnings of Rabiplus 20 MG
Can I take Rabiplus Capsule during pregnancy?
You should not take Rabiplus Capsule during pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant and happen to be taking this medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Can I take Rabiplus Capsule while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rabiplus Capsule if you are breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe you safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabiplus Capsule?
There are chances of drowsiness and dizziness with the Rabiplus Capsule. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabiplus Capsule?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Rabeprazole does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver function problem.
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are excreting black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Rabiplus Capsule is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Rabiplus 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Rabiplus Capsule blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and helps improve symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Rabiplus 20 MG
- Take Rabiplus Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food.
- You should take this medicine without fail and regularly as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rabiplus 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabiplus Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently consuming or might consume to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Rabiplus Capsule along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as Rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There may be higher chances of getting side effects if you are consuming a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used carefully, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Rabiplus Capsule should not be taken with food or milk. You should consume it 30 minutes before food as food decreases the effectiveness of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rabiplus 20 MG
- Store Rabiplus Capsule below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
Dosage of Rabiplus 20 MG
The symptoms of overdose with Rabiplus Capsule are similar to the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. It is strictly advised not to take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rabiplus Capsule?
A: Rabiplus Capsule produces bone weakness and can increase the risk of getting fractures in elderly patients if taken in high doses for long term treatment.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rabiplus Capsule, what should I do?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of the Rabiplus Capsule but sometimes can be serious. Rabiplus Capsule reduces the gastric acid levels and can increase the bacterial count in the gut and can lead to infections. So consult your doctor immediately, in case of persistent diarrhoea. He will decide whether to continue or stop the medicine after clinical examination.
Q: The doctor has prescribed me Rabiplus Capsule for 2 months, what common precautions should I take?
A: The long term use of the Rabiplus Capsule produces liver function disturbances, altered electrolyte (magnesium, calcium and sodium) levels and B12 deficiency. So if you experience symptoms like yellow skin and eyes, loss of appetite, nausea, itching, dizziness, fits, headache, irritability, tiredness or pale skin, visit your doctor as soon as possible. As you have been prescribed this medicine for a long duration, your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups and blood tests.
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rabiplus Capsule?
A: The absorption of vitamin B12 and storage of vitamin B12 in the body can get affected by the long term use of Rabeprazole. Rabeprazole causes a reduction in the absorption of vitamin B12 from the stomach due to its stomach acid, reducing effects and can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q: Can I take Rabiplus Capsule empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can consume Rabiplus Capsule on an empty stomach. You should preferably take this medicine in the morning on an empty stomach for better stomach acid regulation throughout the day.
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021