Quticool 50mg Tablets
Quticool 50 MG Description
Quticool tablet is used in the management of psychotic disorders like Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. Managing manic episodes and depression associated with Bipolar disorder are the other uses of
Quticool tablets. All these psychiatric conditions affect the person's ability to think, feel, and behave correctly. This medicine can be used in children over the age of 10. The Quticool tablet Tablet has Quetiapine as a single active ingredient. It belongs to a class of atypical antipsychotic medicines. The mode of action of the Quticool tablet is by stabilising the levels of specific chemical messengers, which help manage the mood and lower the overactivity in the brain. Follow your doctor's direction for use of Risperdal tablets. This medicine can be life-threatening in elderly patients having memory loss associated with psychotic disorders. It can also cause suicidal thoughts in young adults. Try not to stop using Quticool tablets suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like irritation, vomiting, sweating, etc. It is not a habit-forming medicine and does not cause dependency.
|You Save||₹4.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Acute Mania in Bipolar Disorder, Depression in Bipolar Disorder|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Sudden fall in Blood Pressure, Weight gain, Lethargy|
Uses of Quticool 50 MG
- As per CDSCO or USFDA, Quticool tablet is an atypical antipsychotic indicated for -
- The management of Schizophrenia (manages both positive and negative symptoms like hallucination, delusions, lack of pleasure, memory problems, cognitive problems, etc.)
- Management of manic episodes in Bipolar disorder
- Management of depressive episodes of Bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Quticool 50 MG
- If you are allergic to the Quetiapine or any other component of Quticool Tablet.
- If you are an elderly patient diagnosed with dementia-related psychosis. There is an increased risk of stroke and even death.
- If you are taking other antipsychotic medications.
- If you have neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a neuromuscular disorder).
- If you have tardive dyskinesia (sudden jerky movements).
- If you have diabetes with uncontrolled glucose levels and high cholesterol levels.
- If you had a history of stroke or other similar conditions.
- If the child or adolescent sees changes in blood pressure.
- If you have a history of seizure disorder.
- If you have a low white blood cell count (leukopenia or neutropenia). Monitor blood count frequently.
- If you are on treatment for Parkinson's disease or dementia with Lewy bodies.
- If you are diagnosed with a tumour on the adrenal glands, this medicine can cause life-threatening high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have cataracts, it gets worse in patients with long term treatment.
Side effects of Quticool 50 MG
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Sudden fall in Blood Pressure
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Quticool 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements as some of them can interfere with this medicine.
- You are an elderly patient over the age of 65. The effects of this medicine are exaggerated side effects in older patients, so use it with caution.
- You have diabetes. You must monitor your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels.
- You have low blood pressure. This medicine causes orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure with change in position).
Mode of Action of Quticool 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Quticool 50 MG
- Take Quticool tablets just as the doctor prescribed to you.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it.
- Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Quticool medicine if its packaging has already been opened.
- Do not change the dose of Quticool tablets, even if you do not see its effects.
- Do not suddenly stop taking the Quticool tablet, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Quticool 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Quticool Tablets with levodopa (used for Parkinson’s disease) may have opposite effects.
- Use caution when taking medicines that lower high blood pressure while using Quticool Tablets, as it can further lower the blood pressure.
- Medicines, like fluoxetine and paroxetine, have been shown to increase the levels of Quticool medicine.
- If you take tablets that lower heart rate, Quticool can reduce heart rate.
- If you are on other antipsychotic, anti-seizure medications, or antidepressants, using them along with Quticool Tablets can have severe effects.
- Use other sedatives, antimalarial medicines, heart medicines, anti-allergy medicines, etc., cautiously. On interaction, all of them can cause increased drowsiness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice or fruit. This medicine interacts with grapefruit and blocks its metabolism, thereby increasing its blood levels.
- Avoid taking St John’s wort (herbal medicine). It increases serotonin levels, leading to a severe condition called serotonin toxicity.
Storage and disposal of Quticool 50 MG
Dosage of Quticool 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Quticool tablets cause weight gain if I use them regularly?
Q: Can I take Quticool Tablets if I have diabetes?
Q: Do Quticool Tablets cause dependency or addiction issues if I take them for a long time?
- Quetiapine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 mar 14].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Quetiapine [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].