Q Pin 25mg Tablet
Q Pin 25 MG Description
Q Pin tablets is generally used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia and mania(depression). Quetiapine is the chief ingredient of Q Pin tablets and is classified as an antipsychotic medication. It func
tions by balancing the levels of certain chemicals in our central nervous system(brain). This helps improve mood and thinking ability and promotes the overall betterment of our lifestyle and attitude. Q Pin tablets should strictly be taken under the guidance of a doctor. The timings of intake of this medication should be kept the same so that appropriate amounts of this medication should be present in the body at all times for proper treatment. Since Q Pin tablets can cause dizziness, any activity that requires strenuous physical activity should be avoided. Patients' blood pressure and glucose levels should be monitored from time to time while taking Q Pin tablets. Q Pin tablets should strictly not be used for children below 10. In some patients, consumption of this medication may lead to suicidal tendencies. Caregivers should be alert of any unusual changes in the patient and report them to the doctor immediately.
Uses of Q Pin 25 MG
- Schizophrenia (a neuro-related disorder)
- Mania in bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Q Pin 25 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity towards Q Pin tablets.
Side effects of Q Pin 25 MG
- Difficulty digesting
- Dryness of mouth
- Weight Gain
- Joint Pain
Precautions and Warnings of Q Pin 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using any other medicine or nutritional supplements.
- You have a history of diabetes.
- Your blood pressure elevates.
- You want to stop taking Q Pin tablets, as discontinuing it abruptly may cause withdrawal symptoms to appear.
- You are allergic or hypersensitive to quetiapine.
- You are planning to have any dental or general surgery anytime soon.
Mode of Action of Q Pin 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Q Pin 25 MG
- Q Pin tablets should be taken with a glass of water and on an empty stomach.
- They should be swallowed as a whole.
- Do not chew, break or crush the tablet.
- Check the expiry date of medicine diligently before ingesting it.
- Do not use Q Pin tablets if the packet or seal is broken.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your medication as the dose may vary from person to person.
Interactions of Q Pin 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Q Pin tablets should not be used with the following medications as they may cause severe adverse reactions in the body. These medications are-
- Tranquilisers may cause increased drowsiness.
- Antihypertensives (medicines used to lower blood pressure) may cause a decrease in blood pressure levels.
- Pain medications, muscle relaxants, sedatives, and antihistamines (anti-allergic medicines) may cause dizziness.
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Q Pin tablets with any food is known. However, it is recommended to avoid grapefruit juice along with it. However, you should follow the dietary instructions as advised by your doctor and in case of any weight gain, consult a dietician and do regular exercises....