Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
By BIOCON LTD
5 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Psorid capsule contains a medicine known as Ciclosporin. This medicine belongs to the group known as immunosuppressive medicines. It reduces the body’s immune system and helps in preventing the rejection of transplanted organs. It is also useful in some autoimmune diseases. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic, pregnant and breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are having kidney or liver problems or taking other medicines. Do not stop this medicine without doctors advise as it may lead to rejection of the transplanted organ.
Uses of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
- This medicine is used to prevent the rejection of organ in transplanted patients. It is also useful in autoimmune diseases.
Contraindications of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
If you are allergic reactions to any of the content of this medicine. If you are using any other medicines like St John´s Wort (traditionally used in folk medicine). If you are using medicines such as Dabigatran (used to prevent blood clots after surgery), Bosentan, Aliskiren (used to treat high blood pressure).
Side effects of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
- Increased levels of fats in the body
- Reduced levels of white blood cells
- Tingling or pricking sensation.
- Increased blood Pressure
- Hot flushes
- Ulcers in the stomach
- Increased hair growth on the skin
- Acne and Rashes
- Muscle cramps
- Disturbance in the menstrual cycle.
- Weakness and tiredness.
Precautions and Warnings of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
Can I take Psorid capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the safety of this medicine in pregnant women and its effect on the developing baby. This medicine may induce premature delivery in pregnant women. Hence, it is important to consult a doctor about the usage of this medicine if you plan to get pregnant or during pregnancy.
Can I take Psorid capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into breastmilk and adversely affect your baby. Hence, do not use it if you are breastfeeding your baby. If this medicine has to be taken, breastfeeding the baby should be avoided. Lactating mothers should consult your doctor regarding the usage of this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Psorid capsule?
This medicine may contain alcohol which may affect your concentration. Hence, do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Psorid capsule?
This medicine may contain some amount of alcohol. Hence, avoid using it with alcohol. It may be harmful if you have problems like epilepsy, brain injury, liver problems or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any signs or symptoms of infection, like fever or a sore throat.
- You have any liver or kidney problems. Your doctor may advise a few blood tests to see the function of liver and kidney before and during this treatment.
- You have High blood pressure. Your doctor may advise checking your blood pressure regularly and may give you a medicine to lower blood pressure if necessary.
- You have low levels of magnesium in your body. Your doctor may advise you to take magnesium
- supplements, especially just after your operation if you have had a transplant.
- You have high levels of potassium in your blood.
- You have any problems related to alcohol.
- You have a history of epilepsy (fits).
- You are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
- You have Gout (a disease affecting joints).
- You or any other family member suffering from autoimmune disorders like psoriasis or atopic dermatitis.
- You have a vaccination that is due.
- This medicine increases the risk of developing cancers of the skin and lymphoid system as it suppresses your immunity. Hence, wear appropriate protective clothing and apply sunscreen lotion with high protection factor and follow doctors advise.read less
- Your doctor may advise a few tests before and during treatment like blood pressure, liver and kidney functions, blood lipid levels.
- Do not get exposed to any UVB-rays or phototherapy during treatment with this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine in children for any non-transplant disease, except nephrotic syndrome
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are ageing 65 years or more. Your doctor may advise kidney function tests before starting treatment..
- Consult your doctor If you experience any of the following:
- forgetfulness, personality changes, mood problems, burning sensation in hand and feet, decreased sensation in limbs, tingling sensation in limbs, weakness of limbs, walking disturbances, headache with or without nausea and vomiting, vision disturbances including the restricted movement of the eye.read less
Mode of Action of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
How Does It Work?
When there is organ or graft transplant in any patient, the body takes donor organ or graft as a foreign substance and tries to reject it by forming special cells against it. This process may lead to organ or graft rejection. Ciclosporin blocks the formation of these cells and prevents the rejection of transplanted tissue. The immune system normally protects against microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. When it senses any foreign substances, it develops fighter cells to attack them. An autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system erroneously attacks your own body. This medicine is also helpful in the case of autoimmune disorders.
Directions for Use of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once day, always take this medicine at the same time, for example- early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ciclosporin and the following medicines may increase the level of ciclosporin in your blood: antibiotics like erythromycin or azithromycin, anti-fungal medicine like voriconazole, itraconazole, medicines used for heart problems or high blood pressure like diltiazem, nicardipine, verapamil, amiodarone, metoclopramide used to stop vomiting, oral contraceptives, danazol used to treat menstrual problems, medicines used to treat gout such as allopurinol, cholic acid and derivatives (used to treat gallbladder stones), protease inhibitors used to treat HIV infection, imatinib (used to treat leukaemia or tumours), colchicine (used in gout), telaprevir (used to treat hepatitis C).read less
- Concomitant use of Ciclosporin and the following medicines may decrease the level of ciclosporin in your blood: Barbiturates (used to treat sleep problems), some anti-convulsant medicines (used to treat fits such as Carbamazepine or Phenytoin), Octreotide (used to treat acromegaly or neuroendocrine tumours), medicines used to treat tuberculosis, Orlistat (used to help weight loss), herbal medicines containing St. John’s wort, Ticlopidine (used to prevent blood clot), Medicines which lower blood pressure (Bosentan), and Terbinafine (used to treat fungal infections of the toes and nails).read less
- Antibiotic medicines such as Gentamycin, Tobramycin, Ciprofloxacin), anti-fungal medicines like Amphotericin B, medicines used for urinary tract infections like Trimethoprim, medicines for cancer like Melphalan, medicines used to lower the amount of acid in your stomach (acid secretion inhibitors of the H2-receptor antagonist type), Tacrolimus, pain killers (non-steroid anti-inflammatory medicines such as Diclofenac), fibric acid medicines (used to lower the amount of fat in the blood). Nifedipine (used to treat high blood pressure and heart pain) can interact with Psorid capsule and may affect your kidneys. Hence, these combinations should be used cautiously.read less
- Concomitant use of Ciclosporin and Nifedipine, a medicine used for high blood pressure might result in swollen gums that might grow over your teeth.
- The effect of medicines such as Digoxin (used to treat heart problems), medicines which lower cholesterol (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors also called statins), Prednisolone, Etoposide (used to treat cancer), Repaglinide (oral anti-diabetic medicine), Immunosuppressive (Everolimus, Sirolimus), Ambrisentan and specific anti-cancer medicines called anthracyclines (such as Doxorubicin) is increased when used together with this medicine. Hence these combinations should either be avoided or the patients should be monitored closely during the concomitant use.read less
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Psorid capsule or increase the chances of side effects.read less
Interactions with food items
- Do not take this medicine with grapefruit or grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Psorid 100mg Strip Of 5 Capsules
- Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Overdose may increase the side effects of the medicine such as vomiting, dizziness, increased heartbeat, severe headache and damage to kidneys. Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many tablets.read less
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without doctor’s advice, as this may result in the failure of the transplanted organ.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Psorid capsule?
A: This medicine is used to prevent the rejection of organ in transplanted patients. It is also useful in autoimmune diseases.
Q: How Psorid capsule works?
- Ciclosporin blocks the formation of these cells and prevents the rejection of transplanted tissue.
- The immune system normally protects against microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. When it senses any foreign substances, it develops fighter cells to attack them. An autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your own body.read less
Q: Can I use Psorid capsule with my blood pressure medicine?
- You must declare the medicines you are taking to your treating doctor. Your doctor will guide you if you need to change any of your medicines.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:15 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved