Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By OAKNET HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prugo 10 mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine containing Hydroxyzine as its active ingredient. It is used to manage allergic skin conditions such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema. It helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. It works by blocking the action of a substance called histamine, which produces allergies. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Prugo 10 mg tablet is used in managing skin allergies such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema.
Contraindications of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Hydroxyzine, other anti-allergic medicines or other ingredients of Prugo 10 mg tablets.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had cardiovascular disease or if your heart rate is very low.
- If you have low salt levels in your body (e.g. low level of potassium or magnesium).
- If you are an asthmatic with a history of asthmatic attack upon anti-allergic use.
- If you have porphyria (a disease that causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant, you think you might be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Uncontrolled movements
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Prugo 10 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Prugo 10 mg tablets if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant as it can lead to malformations and harm the unborn baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, tell your doctor immediately and discontinue the medicine.
Can I take Prugo 10 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed during the treatment with Prugo 10 mg tablets as it may harm the baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or breastfeeding after accessing the benefit of treatment to the mother and breastfeeding to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prugo 10 mg Tablet?
Prugo 10 mg tablets may make you drowsy, dizzy and make you feel less alert than usual for the first few days after you take it. If you are affected, do not drive or operate machinery until this effect has worn off.
Can I consume alcohol with Prugo 10 mg Tablet?
You should not take alcohol with Prugo 10 mg tablets because the sedative effects of alcohol may increase.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations, trouble breathing after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney disease or are on dialysis or liver function problems.
- You have an enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to the stomach, intestine or ulcers.
- You have weak muscles or a condition called Myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This medicine may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- Prugo 10 mg tablets should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have a slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a chemical mediator responsible for allergic reactions. It is normally produced when your body senses something harmful, such as infection or foreign particles. Prugo 10 mg blocks the action of histamine. Therefore, inhibiting histamine-mediated reactions and reduce the symptoms of allergies.
Directions for Use of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Prugo 10 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Prugo 10 mg Tablet should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- Prugo 10 mg Tablet should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants.read less
- Additive anticholinergic effects (blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention, constipation) may occur if this medicine is taken with Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of Prugo 10 mg Tablet leading to increased side effects.read less
- Prugo 10 mg Tablet could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- Prugo 10 mg Tablet should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store Prugo 10 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual. Typical side effects of overdosage of Prugo 10 mg Tablet include confusion, slurred speech and experiencing restless, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then immediately contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Prugo 10 mg Tablet addictive?
A: No, this is not an addictive medicine. However, if you have such tendencies, please inform your doctor before starting the treatment with Prugo 10 mg Tablet.
Q: How long should I take Prugo 10 mg Tablet?
A: You should complete the course of this medicine for effective control of allergy. Do not take it for a prolonged duration.
Q: What are the side effects of Prugo 10 mg Tablet?
A: The side effects of this medicine are drowsiness, dizziness, feeling lazy, slow or slurred speech. However, not everyone gets them.
Q: Can Prugo 10 mg be taken with Cetirizine?
A: No, you should not take these two medicines together as it can lead to increased side effects, especially in the elderly. Both of these medicines are anti-allergic medicines. Cetirizine is one of the active metabolites of Prugo 10 mg and taking extra cetirizine can abnormally increase the concentration in the body and increase the side effects.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved