Pradaxa 150mg Capsule
Pradaxa 150 MG Description
Pradaxa Capsule contains dabigatran as an active ingredient. It is an anticoagulant medicine. It is used to treat and prevent deep vein thrombosis (formation of blood clots in the deep vein of your b
ody, usually your legs) and pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the blood vessels of the lungs). It is also used for the prevention of stroke, systemic embolism and reduction of vascular mortality in adult patients with atrial fibrillation. It works by preventing the formation of a blood clot. Do not stop taking this medicine or miss a dose of this medicine without talking to your doctor. Continue to take Pradaxa Capsule even if you feel well. Make sure to refill your prescription before you run out of medication so that you will not miss a dose.
|You Save||₹86.16 (12% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anti-coagulant, blood thinner|
|Side effects||Bleeding or bruising, stomach ache, feeling sick, indigestion|
Uses of Pradaxa 150 MG
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) and prevention of related death.
- To prevent recurrence of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).
- To prevent blood clots in the brain (stroke) and other blood vessels in the body if you have a form of irregular heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation).
Contraindications of Pradaxa 150 MG
Side effects of Pradaxa 150 MG
- Bleeding or bruising
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Loose motions
Precautions and Warnings of Pradaxa 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any bleeding disorder, bleeding in any part of your gut, ulcers, skin lesions.
- You have had a surgical tissue removal (biopsy) in the past month.
- You had an injury recently and still recovering from that (bone fracture, head injury or any injury requiring surgical treatment).
- You have swelling or inflammation in the food pipe & stomach or stomach acid comes up to the food pipe.
- Your kidneys and liver are not functioning properly.
- Your weight is less than 50 kgs or you are an elderly person (+75 years).
- You need to have an operation. You will be asked to stop taking this medicine for a while to avoid the risk of bleeding, Make sure you take Pradaxa Capsule before and after the operation exactly at the times you have been told by your doctor....
- You are going to undergo an operation that involves a catheter or injection into your spinal column.
Mode of Action of Pradaxa 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pradaxa 150 MG
- Take Pradaxa Capsule as your doctor has told you with a glass of water.
- Do not skip or miss a dose of this medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Pradaxa 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, supplements or herbals.
- Certain medicines such as oral antifungals such as ketoconazole, cyclosporin (used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation), dronedarone (to treat abnormal heartbeat) and antiviral medicines such as glecaprevir and pibrentasvir should not be taken with Pradaxa Capsule....
- Concomitant use of tacrolimus (used during organ rejection) and Digoxin (used for heart conditions) is not recommended with Pradaxa Capsule.
- Caution to be exercised in case of concomitant use of certain medicines such as Verapamil (for high blood pressure), Amiodarone & Quinidine (used for heart conditions), Clarithromycin (an antibiotic) and Posaconazole (an antifungal)....
- Concomitant use of medicines such as rifampicin, carbamazepine or phenytoin should be avoided.
- Other anticoagulants & antiplatelet agents if taken along with Pradaxa Capsule may increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Pradaxa 150 MG
Dosage of Pradaxa 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should I stop taking Pradaxa Capsule before surgery?
Q: How should I take Pradaxa Capsule, with or without food?
- Pradaxa 150 mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Dabigatran: a blood thinning medicine to treat and prevent blood clots [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]