Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation of joints, bones, post-surgery and menstrual cycle. This medicine also reduces abdominal cramps during menses. Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab contains mefenamic acid as its active ingredient. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor....
|You Save||₹1.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation and stomach discomforts|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid
Uses of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is used for pain relief such as pain related to joints, toothache, injury and muscle pain.
- It is also useful in relieving pain and cramps during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this mefenamic acid or any of the ingredient of Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you have or ever had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers
- If your heart, liver or kidneys are not working properly or you have any health condition related to these organs
- If you have a history of allergic reaction like breathing problem and skin allergy upon using painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- This medicine should not be used for the pain after bypass surgery of the heart and in pregnant women during the third trimester
Side effects of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomforts
Precautions and Warnings of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy especially in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It may affect the fetus adversely. It can also prolong or delay the labour, increase the risk of bleeding. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek medical help for a safer alternative immediately.
Can I take Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Thus, it should not be taken by breastfeeding women. Your doctor may prescribe you with some safer alternative or if it is really necessary for your health condition, you may be asked to discontinue breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab ?
You may experience dizziness, visual disturbance, spinning head, drowsiness after taking this medicine. So, it is advised to be careful and cautious while driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have breathing-related disorder or asthma. You are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis and other lung and throat problems, need to be very cautious
- You are suffering from a heart problem, liver or kidney problem, or if you are taking water pills, the doctor may ask to monitor kidney function tests
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart problem, close monitoring of heart parameters are required during the treatment
- You experience stomach pain, bleeding in vomiting or black colored stools, then immediately inform your doctor
- You may develop skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc
- You are suffering from autoimmune disorder, systemic lupus erythematosus or you have a problem of fits, caution is advised
- You have high blood pressure and heart problem or any risk which can give heart problems like diabetes and high cholesterol as you may experience swelling and water retention during the treatment
- Caution is needed in elderly, use only for the number of days advised by your doctor.
- Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab can impair with fertility, so it is not recommended for the women trying to conceive or taking any treatment for it
Mode of Action of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- Take the medicine as instructed by your doctor and don't change doses of this medicine without consulting the doctor
Interactions of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Mefenamic acid may enhance the effect of oral anticoagulants like warfarin, close monitoring of bleeding parameters is advised
- Medicine containing lithium used to treat the mental condition if taken along can lead to lithium toxicity
- Concomitant use of other painkillers is not advised as it can increase the side effects of this medicine
- Medicines such as steroids, antidepressants, medicines to stop blood clotting and pain killers should not be used simultaneously as there is increased risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding
- You may experience fits upon concomitant use of antibiotics like Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin with this medicine
- There should be a minimum gap of 10-12 days use between the use of Mifepristone and this medicine as it can reduce the effect of Mifepristone
- Medicine like Digoxin used for heart failure should not be used along as Mefenamic acid can induce heart failure and reduce the effectiveness of heart failure medicine
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus and some hypertension medicines (furosemide) increase the risk of kidney damage when taken with this medicine
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Zidovudine and oral anti-diabetic medicine should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include diarrhoea, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, headache, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, mental confusion, excitation, coma, drowsiness, tinnitus, fainting and occasionally fits. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital...
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive.
Q: Can Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab be taken for fever?
A: No, this is a pain killer medicine and used to relieve mild to moderate pain.
Q: What is Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab used for?
A: It is used to relieve mild to moderate pain in adults. Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is used for tooth pain, pain due to sports injury, muscle pain, back pain, migraine & pain and cramps associated with periods.
Q: Can I take Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab on empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine preferably after meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab relieve my toothache?
A: Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab can be used for toothache if prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Does Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab may cause sleepiness, make you feel dizzy and weak. Avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness
Q: Does Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab stop the menstrual bleeding?
A: Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is a pain killer, and it has no role in menstrual bleeding. It is essentially helpful in relieving pain and cramps during the menstrual cycle. It functions by blocking the production of a substance prostaglandin which is responsible for generating pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefenamic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefal-500 Tablet [Internet]. Bluecross laboratories. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay