Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation of joints, bones, post-surgery and menstrual cycle. This medicine also reduces abdominal cramps during menses. Ponstan Kid
125mg Tab contains mefenamic acid as its active ingredient. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab is used for pain relief such as pain related to joints, toothache, injury and muscle pain.
- It is also useful in relieving pain and cramps during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this mefenamic acid or any of the ingredient of Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you have or ever had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers
- If your heart, liver or kidneys are not working properly or you have any health condition related to these organs
- If you have a history of allergic reaction like breathing problem and skin allergy upon using painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- This medicine should not be used for the pain after bypass surgery of the heart and in pregnant women during the third trimester
Side effects of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomforts
Precautions and Warnings of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have breathing-related disorder or asthma. You are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis and other lung and throat problems, need to be very cautious
- You are suffering from a heart problem, liver or kidney problem, or if you are taking water pills, the doctor may ask to monitor kidney function tests
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart problem, close monitoring of heart parameters are required during the treatment
- You experience stomach pain, bleeding in vomiting or black colored stools, then immediately inform your doctor
- You may develop skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc
- You are suffering from autoimmune disorder, systemic lupus erythematosus or you have a problem of fits, caution is advised
- You have high blood pressure and heart problem or any risk which can give heart problems like diabetes and high cholesterol as you may experience swelling and water retention during the treatment
- Caution is needed in elderly, use only for the number of days advised by your doctor.
- Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab can impair with fertility, so it is not recommended for the women trying to conceive or taking any treatment for it
Mode of Action of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- Take the medicine as instructed by your doctor and don't change doses of this medicine without consulting the doctor
Interactions of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Mefenamic acid may enhance the effect of oral anticoagulants like warfarin, close monitoring of bleeding parameters is advised
- Medicine containing lithium used to treat the mental condition if taken along can lead to lithium toxicity
- Concomitant use of other painkillers is not advised as it can increase the side effects of this medicine
- Medicines such as steroids, antidepressants, medicines to stop blood clotting and pain killers should not be used simultaneously as there is increased risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding
- You may experience fits upon concomitant use of antibiotics like Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin with this medicine
- There should be a minimum gap of 10-12 days use between the use of Mifepristone and this medicine as it can reduce the effect of Mifepristone
- Medicine like Digoxin used for heart failure should not be used along as Mefenamic acid can induce heart failure and reduce the effectiveness of heart failure medicine
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus and some hypertension medicines (furosemide) increase the risk of kidney damage when taken with this medicine
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Zidovudine and oral anti-diabetic medicine should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Ponstan Kid 125mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
Q: Can Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab be taken for fever?
Q: What is Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab used for?
Q: Can I take Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab on empty stomach?
Q: Can Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab relieve my toothache?
Q: Does Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab make me sleepy?
Q: Does Ponstan Kid 125mg Tab stop the menstrual bleeding?
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefenamic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefal-500 Tablet [Internet]. Bluecross laboratories. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]