Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet Description
Polypod CV 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as active substances. This tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the throat, ne
ck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. Polypod CV 200 tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Complete the entire course of antibiotics to prevent the risk of reinfection. Before using Polypod CV 200 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Gudcef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 264.00₹ 224.4056% CHEAPER₹ 22.44/Tablet
- Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.00₹ 310.0039% CHEAPER₹ 31.0/Tablet
- Doxcef Cv 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 387.76₹ 329.6036% CHEAPER₹ 32.96/Tablet
- Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet 10'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 309.75₹ 309.7539% CHEAPER₹ 30.98/Tablet
- Monocef O Cv 200/125 Mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 320.00₹ 272.0047% CHEAPER₹ 27.2/Tablet
- Swich Cv 325mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 360.00₹ 306.0040% CHEAPER₹ 30.6/Tablet
- Cefoprox Cv 325mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.38₹ 296.9742% CHEAPER₹ 29.7/Tablet
- Pecef Duo 200mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 502.75₹ 427.3417% CHEAPER₹ 42.73/Tablet
- Hhcepo Cv 325mg Tablet 10'sBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 283.00₹ 240.5553% CHEAPER₹ 24.06/Tablet
- Zipod Cv 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 309.00₹ 216.3058% CHEAPER₹ 21.63/Tablet
Uses of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid, or any of the ingredients of Polypod CV 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria clostridium difficile.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
- Take Polypod CV 200 tablet as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Polypod CV 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering drugs like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with Polypod CV 200 tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Polypod CV 200 tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Polypod CV 200 tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Polypod Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Polypod CV 200 tablet at or below 25°in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.