Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Piriton CS syrup provides temporary relief from the dry cough caused by throat irritation and allergic symptoms such as sneezing and a running nose. It contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan a
s its active components which belong to a different class of medicines called anti-allergic and cough suppressant respectively. Take Piriton CS syrup as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You can take Piriton CS syrup with or without food. Shake the bottle well before each use....
Uses of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
Piriton CS syrup provides relief from cough due to throat irritation and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, a runny nose, which occurs during common cold and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of the Piriton CS syrup.
- If you have or have recently taken medicines for brain-related disorders like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. and for 2 weeks after stopping this medicine.
- In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Piriton CS syrup.
Side effects of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
Precautions and Warnings of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
Can I take Piriton CS syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of Piriton CS syrup during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this cough syrup during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Piriton CS syrup while breastfeeding?
There is no safety information about the effects of Piriton CS syrup during breastfeeding. Thus, you should consult your doctor before using cough syrup during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Piriton CS syrup?
Piriton CS syrup may cause dizziness and drowsiness. If you experience any such effects, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Piriton CS syrup?
You should not consume alcohol along with Piriton CS syrup as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucous (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- Piriton CS syrup should be used with caution in children and elderly patients.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using Piriton CS syrup and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....Read more
Mode of Action of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or a runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of the common cold....Read more
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre), which, when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing.
Directions for Use of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
- Take Piriton CS syrup as per the doctor's prescription.
- Shake it well before use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Piriton CS syrup or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking forany disorders....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders like alprazolam, medicines used to treat cough, muscle-relaxing medicines, other antihistaminic medicines such as cetirizine or diphenhydramine, etc....Read more
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice or any other products which might have grapefruit juice while taking Piriton CS syrup.
Storage and disposal of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
- Store Piriton CS syrup in a clean, dry place and below 25°C.
- Keep it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the used bottle properly. Do not flush the syrup.
Dosage of Piriton Cs Syp 100ml
If you think you have taken too much of Piriton CS syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Piriton CS syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not ta
ke a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Piriton CS syrup if I am having a prostate problem?
A: Patients suffering from prostate problems (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have symptoms like difficulty in passing urine, a frequent urge to go for urination and dribbling of urine. Therefore, taking this syrup with a prostate problem will worsen the condition. So, it is advisable to talk to your doctor about your problem before using it.
Q: Can I use Piriton CS syrup along with other medicines that are used to treat my psychiatric illness?
A: No, you should not use Piriton CS syrup if you are taking or have taken these medicines for a mental illness such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. within the last 14 days.
Q: Can Piriton CS syrup be used in children?
A: Piriton CS syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Please refrain from using any medicines for your children without consulting a child specialist.
Q: How long does it take for Piriton CS syrup to show its action?
A: It can start showing its action approximately after 2 hours of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiological nature.
Q: Can I take Piriton CS syrup if I have an eye problem?
A: Piriton CS syrup can cause increase the pressure in the eyes and thus decreases the effectiveness of glaucoma medicines. So. it is always advisable to talk to your doctor about your eye problem before using this syrup.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹15.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nausea|
Last Updated on: 14 Jul 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved