Piriton Cs Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Piriton CS syrup provides temporary relief from the dry cough caused by throat irritation and allergic symptoms such as sneezing and a running nose. It contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as its active components which belong to a different class of medicines called anti-allergic and cough suppressants respectively. Take Piriton CS syrup as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You can take Piriton CS syrup with or without food. Shake the bottle well before each use. Before starting the treatment with Piriton CS syrup, inform your doctor about all the past medical and medicinal history.
|₹17.47 (14% on MRP)
|Chlorpheniramine Maleate(4.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)
|drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nausea
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
Contraindications of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of the Piriton CS syrup.
- If you have or have recently taken medicines for brain-related disorders like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. and for 2 weeks after stopping this medicine.
- In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Piriton CS syrup.
Side effects of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
Precautions and Warnings of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucous (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- Piriton CS syrup should be used with caution in children and elderly patients.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using Piriton CS syrup and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....
Directions for Use of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- Take Piriton CS syrup as per the doctor's prescription.
- Shake it well before use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Storage and disposal of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- Store Piriton CS syrup in a clean, dry place and below 25°C.
- Keep it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the used bottle properly. Do not flush the syrup.
Quick Tips of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- Piriton CS syrup is a cough and cold preparation used for providing relief of throat irritation, and allergic symptoms of the nose and throat. It is also used in the management of dry cough due to throat irritation. This medicine should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. It is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
- Before starting Piriton CS, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you have high blood pressure, breathing problems, fits, or heart or liver disease. Also, inform about all your other medicines and your complete medical history....
- The use of certain medicines like selegiline, phenelzine, or isocarboxazid along with this medicine must be avoided. Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with this medicine....
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea, and vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking this medicine, it is recommended not to drive or operate machinery. You also should avoid alcohol intake as it may increase the side effects of this medicine....
Dosage of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or a runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of the common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre), which, when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing.
Interactions of PIRITON CS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Piriton CS syrup or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders like alprazolam, medicines used to treat cough, muscle-relaxing medicines, other antihistaminic medicines such as cetirizine or diphenhydramine, etc....