Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
By BAXTER INDIA PVT LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Piptamate 4.5gm Injection Description
Piptamate 4.5gm Inj contains a combination of Piperacillin sodium and Tazobactam sodium. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
|You Save||₹127.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Piperacillin + Tazobactam|
Check more medicines with composition as Piperacillin + Tazobactam
Uses of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
Treatment of serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria such as stomach and abdominal infection, skin and soft tissue infections, diabetic foot infections due to diabetes and pneumonia. It is to be used only when infection cannot be controlled by other antibiotics....
Contraindications of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site.
Precautions and Warnings of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
Can I take Piptamate 4.5gm Inj during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Piptamate 4.5gm Inj while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into breast milk and known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in babies. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Piptamate 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on the effect of this medicine on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Piptamate 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine with alcohol. However, consuming alcohol may exaggerate the side effects of this medicine. Thus, it is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems
- You develop serious skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu
- You have diarrhea and pus in your stool after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and report to your doctor
- You experience bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin
- You experience fits or convulsions
- You have problems with kidney function
- You have weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Mode of Action of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Piptamate 4.5gm Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Piperacillin Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to relax the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium
- Close monitoring of blood function is required if you are on medicine used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat certain types of cancers like methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.
Storage and disposal of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and discard it properly.
Dosage of Piptamate 4.5gm Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and fits immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that you will be missing any dose. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in fail of therapy....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from flu-like common cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is for treating severe infections caused by bacteria and not viral infections. This medicine should only be taken when prescribed by the doctor.
Q: I am on a restricted salt diet, can I take this medicine?
- No, as this medicine contains an ample amount of sodium, it is advisable to be very cautious and discuss your dietary restrictions with your doctor before taking this medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.