Pioglit 7.5mg Tablet
Pioglit 7.5 MG Description
Pioglit Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is useful in improving the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. While taking this
edicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Your doctor may frequently ask you to monitor your blood sugar levels while on treatment with Pioglit.
- Pioz 7.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.25₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Piohope 7.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 42.5029% CHEAPER₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Piopar 7.5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 82.2854% CHEAPER₹ 2.74/Tablet
- Glitaris 7.5mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.69₹ 67.74₹ 6.77/Tablet
Uses of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Contraindications of Pioglit 7.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Pioglitazone or any of the ingredient of Pioglit Tablet.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis (uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss).
- If you are suffering from any heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have any problems with your liver.
- If you ever had or have bladder cancer.
- If you notice blood in your urine and your doctor is not aware of it.
Side effects of Pioglit 7.5 MG
- Respiratory tract infection like cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat
- Weight gain
- Abnormal or blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any liver disease.
- You are suffering from any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You are suffering from a certain type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema.
- You notice any type of swelling or have fluid retention, as Pioglit Tablet may worsen your condition.
- You have cysts on your ovaries.
- Pioglit may increase the risk of bone fractures.
- When taking this medicine along with other antidiabetic medicines, you may experience episodes of low blood sugar. Always carry sugar or a bar of chocolate. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes....
- Pioglit Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pioglit 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Interactions of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pioglit Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Pioglit Tablet should be used with caution along with gemfibrozil (used to lower blood cholesterol) and rifampicin (antibiotic) as it may after its effects. Close monitoring of your blood sugar levels is necessary....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Dosage of Pioglit 7.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pioglit Tablet?
Q: How to take Pioglit Tablet?
Q: Can Pioglit Tablet be given to children?
Q: What is the content present in Pioglit?
Q: What are the side effects of Pioglit?
Q: When should I take Pioglit?
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]