Phytoral Oint 30gm
By MICRO LABS
30g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phytoral Ointment is a topical anti-fungal medicine used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, fungal infections between the toes, inner thighs, private parts, etc. It contains ketoconazole as its active ingredient. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Phytoral Oint 30gm
Phytoral Ointment is used in treating fungal skin infections like athlete's foot (infections between the toes), ringworm, oral thrush (infection of the mouth), jock itch (skin infection in the skin of private parts, inner thighs and buttocks), etc.
Contraindications of Phytoral Oint 30gm
- If you are allergic to ketoconazole or any other ingredients of Phytoral Ointment.
- If you are suffering from any eye infections.
Side effects of Phytoral Oint 30gm
Burning sensation, irritation, redness, itching, peeling or dryness at the area Phytoral Ointment is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Phytoral Oint 30gm
Can I use Phytoral Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. Hence, it should not be used unless it is prescribed by a doctor.
Can I use Phytoral Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is essential to consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding. Avoid using it in areas near the breast in case it is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have applied Phytoral Ointment?
Phytoral Ointment is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Phytoral Ointment?
No interaction has been established between alcohol and Phytoral Ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recently used a topical preparation (cream, lotion, gel, etc.) containing steroid to treat your skin infection.
- You experience any skin allergies after using this medicine.
- You have open wounds, cuts, burns or aberration on your skin.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition. Contact your doctor immediately.
- Avoid using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- Phytoral Ointment is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Phytoral Oint 30gm
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole in Phytoral Ointment works by interfering with the cell membranes of fungi, stopping their growth and eventually causing their death.
Directions for Use of Phytoral Oint 30gm
- Phytoral Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Phytoral Oint 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Phytoral Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription), supplements, herbal preparations or other topical preparations for treating other health conditions.read less
Storage and disposal of Phytoral Oint 30gm
Phytoral Ointment should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Phytoral Oint 30gm
As Phytoral Ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, excessive use may cause burning sensation, skin redness or swelling. Contact your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms or upon accidental ingestion.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Phytoral Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Phytoral Ointment be used in children?
A: No, Phytoral Ointment is not recommended for children and adolescents due to the lack of safety data available.
Q: Can I stop using Phytoral Ointment if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should use Phytoral Ointment for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Stopping it in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Phytoral Ointment?
A: If you get any medicine in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
Q: For how many days should I use Phytoral Ointment?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Cipladine. Do not stop applying Phytoral Ointment on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 14 days of use, consult with your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved