Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
Petril Beta 20mg Tablet Description
Petril Beta tablet is a prescription medication used for managing anxiety and mood disorders. It contains Clonazepam and Propranolol as its active ingredients. Clonazepam belongs to the class of medi
cations that reduce brain activity. Propranolol is a beta-blocker that lowers the stress on the heart and blood vessels. Together, these medicines help manage anxiety symptoms such as increased blood pressure, high heart rate, panic disorder, etc. Managing symptoms of anxiety, panic disorder, depression, and those associated with other conditions are some of the other uses of Petril Beta tablets. Petril Beta tablets help reduce anxiety and the stress it causes on the heart and blood vessels. Clonazepam, used in this medicine, is also an anti-epileptic medication that helps manage seizures. The directions for use of Petril Beta tablets should be followed strictly. Try to take it on an empty stomach and at the same time every day to maintain a consistent dosage in the body. The dose should be carefully monitored. It should be used as prescribed by the doctor, as it has high addictive potential. Inform your doctor immediately if you have any sudden mood changes, as this medicine can increase suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Abruptly stopping this medicine can cause withdrawal effects.
|You Save||₹9.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Weakness, Upset stomach, Cold extremities|
Uses of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
- As per CDSCO, Petril Beta tablets are used for the following:
- Treatment of anxiety and panic disorders (both are mood disorders).
- Managing conditions such as comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions).
- Treatment of some types of seizure disorders like myoclonic or akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the components of the Petril Beta tablet.
- If you are taking other medications similar to the Petril Beta tablet.
- If you have obstructive respiratory conditions like asthma; this medicine worsens the condition.
- If you have been diagnosed with heart failure or heart rhythm disorders; Petril Beta tablet will precipitate the conditions.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma; Petril medicine worsens the condition.
- If you are below 18 years of age; this medicine is not recommended in children.
- If you have a previous addiction history like drug or alcohol abuse; this medicine has high habit-forming potential.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you experience sudden mood changes and have suicidal or other self-harming thoughts.
Side effects of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Memory problems
Precautions and Warnings of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You plan to get pregnant.
- You are an elderly person over the age of 65; Petril Beta tablets can increase the risk of sedation and other adverse effects due to slow metabolism.
- You take herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St John’s Wort or herbal medicines to treat depression. They can cause severe adverse effects.
- You are going to have a medical or dental procedure; inform your doctor ahead of time.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion; do not stop taking this medicine suddenly.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
Mode of Action of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
- Take the Petril Beta tablet precisely in the prescribed dose and the duration.
- Do not increase this medicine dose, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Try to take the tablet whole with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- Do not use Petril medicine if its packaging is open or damaged.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly, as this can cause adverse effects.
- Do not take the Petril Beta tablet with other medicines without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines, when mixed with Petril Beta tablets, can cause adverse effects like dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, etc.
- Petril Beta tablets can reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives or birth control pills, leading to unplanned pregnancies.
- Do not mix Petril Beta tablets with other medicines such as antihistamines (allergy medicine), cough medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxants, and other sleep-inducing medicines, as they can increase drowsiness, fatigue, etc....
- Inform your doctor about any other medications you are currently using to prevent interactions and adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid having grapefruit or its juice. It reduces the effect of Petril Beta tablets.
Storage and disposal of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
Dosage of Petril Beta 20mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Petril Beta tablet as a sleeping pill?
Q: Can I stop taking the Petril Beta tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I get dependency tendencies if I use the Petril Beta tablet every day?
- Wang S-M, Kim J-B, Sakong JK, Suh H-S, Oh KS, Woo J-M, et al. The Efficacy and Safety of Clonazepam in Patients with Anxiety Disorder Taking Newer Antidepressants: A Multicenter Naturalistic Study. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience [Internet]. 31 May 2016 [cited 19 feb 2022] - Available from:
- Steenen SA, van Wijk AJ, van der Heijden GJ, van Westrhenen R, de Lange J, de Jongh A. Propranolol for the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Psychopharmacology [Internet]. 20 Oct 2015. [cited 19 Feb 2022] - Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 feb 2022] - Available from:
- Propranolol (cardiovascular): Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from: