Perclin 5% Cream
Perclin 5 %W/W Description
Perclin cream is an effective anti-parasitic medicine that is used to treat scabies, a condition caused by tiny insects called mites that infest and irritate your skin. It contains permethrin as an a
ctive ingredient that works by paralyzing and killing the mites and their eggs. It is recommended not to use on broken skin, wounds, cuts or private parts. Perclin cream should be used as directed by the doctor and follow the instructions as prescribed. It should not be used in children below 1 year of age. You should follow the prescribed dosage duration to ensure the efficacy of this medicine. It may take several days but you need to apply for the medicine regularly.
Uses of Perclin 5 %W/W
Contraindications of Perclin 5 %W/W
Side effects of Perclin 5 %W/W
- Redness of the skin
- Skin rash
- Unusual sensations like burning, tickling or pricking sensation on application skin
Precautions and Warnings of Perclin 5 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You are using this medicine on infants or children.
- It is recommended to use only at 2 months of age and older.
- You smoke or accidentally near flames.
- You accidentally apply over the wounds, cuts or private parts.
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
- It is not for the use of infants below 2 months of age.
Mode of Action of Perclin 5 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Perclin 5 %W/W
Interactions of Perclin 5 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Perclin cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, tell your doctor if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines including supplements or herbals to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially if you use medicines like corticosteroids (oral or topical).
Storage and disposal of Perclin 5 %W/W
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Perclin 5 %W/W
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Perclin cream?
- Use Perclin cream as directed by your doctor.
- Apply the thin layer of cream on the affected area and leave it at least for 8 to 14 hours.
Q: For how long do I need to apply this?
Q: Can I use it for fungal infection also?
Q: How many times should I apply it in a day?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 Sept 2021]
- [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 June 2021].
- Lyclear dermal cream - summary of product characteristics (Smpc) -(Emc) [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 14].
- DailyMed - PERMETHRIN cream [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 14].
- Permethrin topical: medlineplus drug information [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jun 14].