5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Percin tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing Prulifloxacin. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract and infections of airways of lungs. It works by killing the b
acteria causing infection of the urinary tract and the airways of the lungs. Nausea, pain in the upper and central part of the abdomen are common side effects of Percin tablet, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve over time then inform your doctor....
Uses of Percin Tablet
Percin tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract and infections of the respiratory tract.
Contraindications of Percin Tablet
- If you are allergic to Prulifloxacin or other medicines from the fluoroquinolone group of medicine or any of the other ingredients of Percin Tablet.
- If you are less than 18 years of age and have incomplete bone growth.
- If you had tendon (tissue attaching muscle to bone) disease due to other medicines from the fluoroquionolone group.
- If you are a pregnant or lactating mother.
Side effects of Percin Tablet
Nausea, pain in the upper and central part of the abdomen.
Precautions and Warnings of Percin Tablet
Can I take Percin tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Percin tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Percin tablet?
Percin Tablet can cause dizziness or confusion. If you are taking this medicine avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Percin tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Percin tablet. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a seizure disorder.
- You have an irregular heartbeat.
- Your doctor has told you that your blood level of potassium and calcium is low.
- You have muscle pain, joint pain or swelling in the ankle area after taking this medicine.
- You have loose motions after taking this medicine.
- You have a problem in the digestion of some sugars.
- You have a sun allergy after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Percin Tablet
How Does It Work?
Percin tablet inhibits the enzymes that are important for the replication of bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Percin Tablet
Percin Tablet should be taken whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Percin Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacid medicines such as Cimetidine, supplements containing iron and calcium, aluminium or magnesium-containing antacid cause a decrease in absorption of Percin tablet, therefore Percin Tablet shouldbe taken 2 hours before or 4 hours after taking these medicines....Read more
- Concomitant use of probenecid with Percin tablet decreases the excretion of Percin tablet.
- Painkillers such as fenbufen, Medicines used in asthma such as theophylline should be used cautiously.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid intake of milk while taking Percin tablet.
Storage and disposal of Percin Tablet
- Store Percin Tablet at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Percin Tablet
If you have taken too much of Percin tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Percin tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Percin tablet?
A: Percin tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract and other problems arising due to urinary tract infection and for the treatment of bacterial infection of the respiratory tract.
Q: How Percin tablet works?
A: Percin Tablet works by killing the bacteria causing infection of the urinary tract and airways of the lungs.
Q: Can I stop taking Percin tablet before the prescribed duration, if I get relief from infection?
A: Percin tablet should not be stopped in the middle of the prescribed duration unless you are allergic to it, as doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance to this medicine. Take medicine as advised by your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I take while taking the Percin tablet?
A: Avoid exposure to sun or use sunscreen cream when you go in direct sunlight as skin becomes sensitive to sunlight when you are taking Percin tablet.
Last Updated on: 01 Feb 2021 | 05:18 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved