Pentab Dsr Capsule
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pentab Dsr Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It contains a combination of two medicines - Pantoprazole and Domperidone. This combination is used in patients in which Pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Pentab Dsr Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken before meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pentab Dsr Capsule
Pentab Dsr Capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to Pantoprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pentab Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any component of this medicine.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called Rilpivirine.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Pentab Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Irregular menses
- Breast enlargement
Precautions and Warnings of Pentab Dsr Capsule
Can I take Pentab Dsr Capsule during pregnancy?
- There is no safety information available on the use of Pentab Dsr Capsule in pregnant women. Hence, it should be avoided unless it is prescribed by the doctor to reduce the chances of any potential harm to the unborn baby.read less
Can I take Pentab Dsr Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Pentab Dsr Capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding if it is necessary for your health. In that case, avoid breastfeeding.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Pentab Dsr Capsule?
Pentab Dsr Capsules have no or negligible influence on your ability to drive and use machines. However, if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pentab Dsr Capsule?
There are no known interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- You may be asked by your doctor to perform certain tests regularly if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Mode of Action of Pentab Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pentab Dsr Capsule works by the combined action of its two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and bowel so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pentab Dsr Capsule
Pentab Dsr Capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Take Pentab Dsr Capsule tablets, preferably in the morning before your first meal.
Interactions of Pentab Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on pH of stomach acid may not work properly when taken along with Pentab Dsr Capsule (some antifungals such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, ampicillin, iron salts and other medicines such as erlotinib).read less
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin, when taken concomitantly with Pentab Dsr Capsule, require regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters. Also, Pentab Dsr Capsule can increase the risk of bleeding when taken in combination with blood thinners.read less
- Other medicines such as medicines used for heart conditions, anti-HIV medicines, certain antibiotics, antimalarials, medicines acting on the brain or used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously.read less
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with Pentab Dsr Capsules.
Interactions with food items
Nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pentab Dsr Capsule
- Store Pentab Dsr Capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pentab Dsr Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose of Pentab Dsr Capsule include abnormal muscle movements, fits, aggressive behaviour, drowsiness, slurred speech and feeling anxious. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
A: GERD is a condition of acid reflux, also known as gastrointestinal reflux disorder. It is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe, a tube connecting your mouth to the stomach. This acid backflow irritates the lining of the food pipe and causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Pentab Dsr Capsule to my child?
A: No, Pentab Dsr Capsule is not recommended for individuals below 12 years of age.
Q: Pentab Dsr Capsule vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Pentab Dsr Capsule is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines.read less
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history.read less
Q: Can I take Pentab Dsr Capsules for gas?
A: No, Pentab Dsr Capsule is not effective in reducing gas, bloating and flatulence.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved