Peelar 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Peelar 40 MG Description
Peelar Tablet is an anti-anginal medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, heart-related chest pain, and hypertrophic subaortic stenosis (a disorder of hear
muscle). It is also used to prevent heart attacks, tremors, and migraines. Peelar Tablet contains propranolol as its main component. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thus improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken before meals. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements you take and about your medical history before starting Peelar Tablet.
Uses of Peelar 40 MG
- Peelar Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, and hypertrophic subaortic stenosis (a disorder of the heart muscle).
- It is also used in preventing a heart attack, angina attacks (chest pain due to heart condition), tremors, and migraines.
Contraindications of Peelar 40 MG
- If you are allergic to propranolol or any other ingredients of Peelar Tablet.
- If you have a history of heart failure.
- If you have severe heart disorders (such as second or third-degree heart blocks that can be treated by a pacemaker).
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have breathing difficulties such as asthma and wheezing.
Side effects of Peelar 40 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Peelar 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Peelar Tablet.
- You have any heart problems.
- You suffer from muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have problems with your kidney or liver (including cirrhosis of the liver).
- You have asthma or COPD.
- You have a condition called thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the body).
- You have diabetes.
- You are taking medicines like verapamil and diltiazem that are used to treat high blood pressure, angina, and certain heart diseases.
Mode of Action of Peelar 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Peelar 40 MG
Interactions of Peelar 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Peelar Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially when taken along with medicines like other blood pressure reducing medications (verapamil), pain killers (NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen), water pills (thiazides), blood thinners (warfarin), antibiotics, and medicines used to treat tuberculosis (rifampin)....
Storage and disposal of Peelar 40 MG
Dosage of Peelar 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel drowsy when taking Peelar Tablet. Is it normal?
Q: What is the use of Peelar Tablet?
Q: Is it safe to take Peelar Tablet during pregnancy?
Q: Is Peelar Tablet a diuretic?
- Propranolol 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Propranolol 10 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Propranolol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]