Parpex 0.5mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Parpex 0.5 MG Description
Parpex Tablet contains Pramipexole as its active ingredient. It is used for treating the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and
adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||Idiopathic Parkinson’s disease|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Pramipexole(0.5 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Parpex 0.5mg Tablet
- Pexopram 0.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 116.00₹ 116.00₹ 11.6/Tablet
- Pramirise 0.50mg Tablets 10'sBy Arinna Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.02₹ 127.82₹ 12.78/Tablet
- Mirator 0.5mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 151.35₹ 128.65₹ 12.86/Tablet
- Pramipex 0.5mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.00₹ 131.75₹ 13.18/Tablet
Uses of Parpex 0.5 MG
Parpex Tablet is used to treat the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Parpex 0.5 MG
If you are allergic to Pramipexole or any other ingredients Parpex Tablet.
Side effects of Parpex 0.5 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite, weight loss
- Swelling in the lower legs or hands
- Abnormal uncontrolled movements
- Hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, abnormal dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Parpex 0.5 MG
Can I take Parpex Tablet during pregnancy?
- Parpex Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Parpex Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Parpex Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as it can reduce the production of breast milk.
- It is also unknown if Pramipexole passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking this medicine.
- An alternative medicine is a better option and especially when nursing a new-born or premature baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Parpex Tablet?
Parpex Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Parpex Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Parpex Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your kidney
- You are suffering from any heart or blood vessels related diseases
- You notice that you are hallucinating, develop any abnormal, uncontrolled movements, cannot keep your body upright, sleepiness, problems with your vision while on treatment with Parpex Tablet. You should immediately contact your doctor....
- You notice any urge to behave in any abnormal way or notice any addicting behaviour like gambling, eating, etc.
- You or any of your family members notice that your are suffering from any mental health problems (depression, anxiety, etc) after taking this medicine.
- Parpex Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Parpex 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Pramipexole in Parpex Tablet works by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, this triggers the nerve impulses that helps in controlling the body movements.
Directions for Use of Parpex 0.5 MG
- Parpex Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Parpex 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Parpex Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- You should be cautious if you are taking any sedatives to calm you down along with this medicine.
- When you start taking Parpex Tablet along with taking levodopa (also used to treat Parkinson’s disease), your doctor will reduce the dose of levodopa.
- Medicines like cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), amantadine (used to treat Parkinson’s disease), mexiletine, procainamide (used in heart problems), zidovudine (used to treat HIV infection), cisplatin (used in cancer), quinine (used in malaria) should be used with along with Parpex Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Parpex Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Parpex 0.5 MG
Store Parpex Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Parpex 0.5 MG
Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, excessive movement, hallucinations, agitation and low blood pressure. Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Parpex Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Parpex Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Parpex Tablet?
A: Parpex Tablet is used to treat the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
Q: Can I stop taking Parpex Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking Parpex Tablet without first consulting your doctor. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: How to take Parpex Tablet?
A: Parpex Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Parpex Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Parpex Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Pramipexole Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Pramipexole Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Pramipexole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Pramipexole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed