Paroxit Sr 25mg Tablets
Paroxit Sr 25 MG Description
Paroxit 25 SR Tablet is commonly used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. Your doctor will determine the optimal dose and fre
quency of Paroxit 25 SR Tablet administration to control your symptoms. Even if you feel okay, do not change the dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor. You may worsen your illness or have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms if you do so (anxiety, restlessness, palpitations, dizziness, sleep disturbances, etc.). Paroxit 25 SR Tablet could take a few weeks for you to feel better. If you haven't seen any improvement after four weeks, contact your doctor. If you have diabetes, epilepsy (seizure disorder or fits), liver or renal disease, heart issues, or glaucoma, tell your doctor before using this medicine. These factors may have an impact on your treatment. Pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers should also seek medical advice before taking it. Other medications, particularly antidepressants and MAO inhibitors, may have an effect on how it works.
|You Save||₹24.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of Depression, Panic disorder, Anxiety disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Fatigue, Dryness of mouth, Loss of appetite, Increased sweating, Dizziness, Nervousness, Tremors, Insomnia|
Uses of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
- Paroxit 25 SR Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of panic disorder
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
- If you are allergic to active or inactive ingredients of Paroxet 25 MG Tablet.
- If you've used MAOIs in the last 14 days, Paroxet 25 MG Tablet isn't recommended because of the increased chance of serious adverse effects.
- If you are taking thioridazine. There is an increased risk of severe adverse effects.
Side effects of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Precautions and Warnings of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice any changes in your behaviour or have suicidal thoughts while taking Paroxet 25 SR Tablet.
- You have severe active bleeding or a hemorrhagic diathesis, Paroxet 25 SR Tablet should be used with caution (tendency to bleed easily).
- You suffer seizures, Paroxet 25 SR Tablet should be used with caution as it may worsen your condition.
- You have hyponatremia, a condition in which the salt content in your blood is abnormally low. Paroxet 25 MG Tablet may induce hyponatraemia in some circumstances. This danger is particularly significant in the elderly, as well as those who are volume-depleted (have less fluid in their bodies) or taking diuretics (medicines used to remove excess salt and water from the body). ...
- You experience unexplained bone pain, tenderness, swelling, or bruising, especially if you have low bone mineral density.
- You experience sexual dysfunction.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms. Do not stop taking Paroxet 25 SR Tablet without first visiting your physician. Your doctor will gradually taper the dose.
- Paroxet 25 SR Tablet is not suggested for children under the age of 18 since the safety and efficacy evidence have not been clinically proven.
- Paroxet 25 SR Tablet should be used with caution in those above 65 years of age.
Mode of Action of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of Paroxit 25 SR Tablet.
- Swallow Paroxit 25 SR Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- Paroxit 25 SR Tablet can be taken before or after a meal.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, it is best to take Paroxit 25 SR Tablet at the same time every day.
- Do not alter the dose of Paroxit 25 SR Tablet without consulting with the doctor.
Interactions of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pimozide is a psychiatric medication (a medicine used in the treatment of mental health illness). Because of the increased risk of severe adverse effects, Paroxet 25 MG Tablet is not suggested for usage if you are taking Pimozide....
- Hyponatremia is a side effect of Paroxet 25 MG Tablet. With the administration of a loop diuretic (bumetanide, furosemide, torsemide) in combination, there may be additive hyponatremic effects; monitor for hyponatremia....
- Paroxet 25 MG Tablet works by preventing serotonin reuptake. When used with a serotonin agonist (buspirone), serotonin syndrome can occur.
- Paroxet 25 MG Tablet slows the metabolism of dextromethorphan; a patient receiving this combination may experience visual hallucinations; watch for serotonin syndrome.
- Paroxet 25 MG Tablet may block haloperidol metabolism and cause extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS); if a combination is used, patients should be monitored for EPS.
- Non-Selective MAOIs should not be taken with Paroxet 25 MG Tablet (isocarboxazid, phenelzine). There have been reports of fatal responses. There should be a gap of at least 2 weeks between fluoxetine and MAOI....
- Paroxet 25 MG Tablet reduces serotonin reuptake; usage with other reuptake inhibitors (nefazodone, sibutramine) may result in serotonin syndrome. Alongside nefazodone, keep an eye on the patient's response and avoid taking it with sibutramine....
- When Paroxet 25 MG Tablet is taken with selegiline, it has been documented to produce mania or hypertension; this combination should be avoided.
- When Paroxet 25 MG Tablet is taken with tramadol (which has serotonin-like properties), serotonin syndrome can occur; keep an eye on it.
- The hypoprothrombinemic response to warfarin may be affected by Paroxet 25 MG Tablet; keep an eye on it.
- Cimetidine may inhibit the first-pass metabolism of Paroxet 25 MG Tablet, resulting in higher paroxetine serum concentrations; use an alternate H2 antagonist instead.
Interactions with food items
- St.John's Wort: You may experience grogginess (unsteadiness), lethargy, nausea, weakness and fatigue after taking St. John's Wort with paroxetine. So, consult with your doctor before taking St. John's Wort if you are taking paroxetine....
- Tyramine-Rich Food Products: Interaction between paroxetine and tyramine-rich foods like cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soybeans and excess chocolate can result in sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure....
Storage and disposal of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
Dosage of Paroxit Sr 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have diabetes. Do I need to be cautious when using Paroxit 25 SR Tablet?
Q: Tamoxifen has been prescribed to me for the treatment of breast cancer. Is it okay if I take it with Paroxit 25 SR Tablet?
Q: Is Paroxit 25 SR Tablet going to have an effect on my sex life?
- Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021. PRESCRIBING INFORMATION PAROXETINE tablets, USP Rx Only. [online] Available at: < [Accessed 19 Mar 2022].
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 19 Mar 2022] (online) Available from
- Paroxetine.Miami, Florida:Noven Therapeutics; 2003 [revised 06-2013]. [Accessed 19 Mar 2022] (online) Available from