Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Parkitidin tablet contains a medicine known as Amantadine. It is useful in treating the symptoms like stiffness, shakiness and shuffling associated with Parkinson's disease by improving certain chemicals in the brain. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic, having a history of fits, stomach ulcers, kidney problems, pregnant and breastfeeding. If you feel dizzy, fainting or having fits during the course of treatment, rush to your nearby hospital immediately.
Uses of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- This medicine is used in the treatment of movement disorders associated with parkinsonism.
Contraindications of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
History of allergic reactions (severe skin rashes, itching, swelling of lips, tongue and eyelids, breathing and swallowing difficulties (with any of the content of this medicine). Epilepsy (fits) or history of it. Stomach or intestinal ulcers or history of it Kidney problems Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Side effects of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Mood swings
- A sudden feeling of dizziness after standing from a sitting/sleeping position (Orthostatic Hypotension)
- Compulsive behaviour
Precautions and Warnings of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Parkitidin during pregnancy?
No. This medicine may pass into the blood of the baby and adversely affect your baby. Hence, it is advisable to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant, stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Parkitidin while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Parkitidin?
Amantadine may affect your vision or concentration make you feel dizzy or confused so avoid using this medicine if you are driving or operating heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Parkitidin?
If you take this medicine along with alcohol, the chances of side effects of Amantadine increase which can be fatal so avoid using it with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Any kind of kidney or liver problem
- Any problems related to heart and blood vessels.
- Heart problems related to pumping.
- Problems related to thinking, feeling of disorientation, difficulty in paying attention, making decisions or memorising things.
- Hallucinations (seeing things and hearing voices).
- Mental illness.
- The blurring of vision or other vision problems.
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you or your family member notice that you are having an urge to or behave that are unusual and you are not able to control or resist the impulse or drive to carry out that activities which may be harmful like addictive gambling, excessive eating or spending, an abnormally high sex drive or an increase in sexual thoughts or feelings, tell your doctor about that.read less
- Your doctor may stop or decrease the dose of medicine.
- If you are having any suicidal or self-harming thoughts, tell your doctor about that.
- Do not use this medicine in children below 3 years of age.
- Few children develop hypothermia with the use of Amantadine. Hypothermia is a dangerous condition in which there is a drop in body temperature below 35 C. Early signs include cold and pale skin, slurred speech, shivering, fast breathing, tiredness, confusion. Seek immediate medical help if the child develops any of the above symptoms.read less
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as abrupt discontinuation may result in worsening of the symptoms and withdrawal effects. Withdrawal effects may include feelings of being dazed, confused, distracted, withdrawn, weak, restless, sleepy; being unable to speak, doing unusual things and seeing things that are not really there. If you are taking medicine for mental illness and you suddenly stop taking amantadine, you may develop a medical condition called Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome which can be serious. The symptoms of which may be fever, sweating, rapid heartbeats, loss of movement, confusion, muscle stiffness and loss of bladder control (you may have a sudden urge to pass water). If you develop any of the above symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.read less
Mode of Action of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Parkinsonism is a movement disorder that arises due to a decrease in certain chemical (dopamine) in some areas of the brain. Amantadine increases the levels of this chemical in the brain and improves the symptoms related to movement like stiffness, shakiness and shuffling by improving muscle control. This medicine is given in combination with other anti-parkinsonism medicines.
Directions for Use of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, always take this medicine at the same time, for example- early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are using any of the following medicines:
- Concomitant use of other medicines used for Parkinson’s Disease like procyclidine, orphenadrine with this medicine can result in increased side effects.
- The effect of medicine for irritable bowel syndrome like dicycloverine, hyoscine, propantheline, medicines for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like ipratropium, tiotropium; medicines for treatment of incontinence like oxybutynin, tolterodine, flavoxate is increased when used together with this medicine.read less
- Concomitant use of medicines used for mental illness like chlorpromazine, flupenthixol, zuclopenthixol, haloperidol, quetiapine, risperidone may increase the side effects of this medicine.
- Use of Water pills i.e. medicines used to relieve water retention and reduce high blood pressure like hydrochlorothiazide, amiloride or triamterene may decrease the effect of this medicine when used together.read less
Storage and disposal of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Parkitidin 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor.
- Overdose may increase the side effect of this medicine.
- If you think you have taken more doses than required, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Parkitidin?
A: It is useful in treating the symptoms like stiffness, shakiness and shuffling associated with parkinsonism by improving certain chemical in the brain.
Q: Are Parkitidin and Ranitidine same?
- No, Parkitidin is used in Parkinson's disease to improve movement problems, while Ranitidine is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers and to decrease acidity.
Q: Is Parkinson disease curable with Amantadine?
- Parkinson's disease is usually age-related degenerative disorder which can be maintained with medicines. A permanent cure may not be possible with the medicine. Consult your doctor for more information.read less
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved