Pantonis 40mg Tablet
Pantonis 40 MG Description
Pantonis tablet is a medicine used to reduce acid production in the stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an active ingredient. It is working by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid.
Pantonis tablet should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help you manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eating slowly, avoiding overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limiting alcohol intake, avoiding smoking and maintaining a healthy weight, consult your doctor to understand what works for you best.
Uses of Pantonis 40 MG
Contraindications of Pantonis 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantonis tablet.
- Do not consume this medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantonis 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantonis 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems
- You are taking painkiller medicines
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis)
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantonis tablet is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long-term use ( longer than 3 years)
- You are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may advise you to perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE)
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
Directions for Use of Pantonis 40 MG
- Pantonis tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor
- This medicine is taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach
Storage and disposal of Pantonis 40 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Quick Tips of Pantonis 40 MG
- It is recommended to use this medicine in the prescribed manner. However, anti-reflux medicines should preferably be taken in the morning on an empty stomach or with food for optimum effectiveness.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity, like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acidity.
- It is advised to reduce stress and get good sleep each night.
- Inform your doctor if you are using this medicine as a continuous treatment of acidity for more than 4 weeks or if the symptoms are persistent even after taking the medicine.
- This medicine can hamper the actions of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines.
- Consult your doctor if you experience effects like nausea, fullness and bloating, especially after food intake, even after taking this medicine.
Dosage of Pantonis 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Pantonis 40 MG
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Interactions of Pantonis 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pantonis tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Pantonis tablet?
Q: What is Pantonis tablet used for?
Q: Can Pantonis tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]