Pantocid It Capsule
Pantocid It Capsule Description
Pantocid It Capsule contains a combination of Itopride and Pantoprazole as their active components. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the
stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like diarrhoea, stomach pain and headache while on treatment with this medicine, but they usually go away with time; in any case, if you feel any discomfort please contact your doctor.
|You Save||₹41.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Itopride(150.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, stomach pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
- Ganaton Total Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Abbott India Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 384.60₹ 326.91₹ 32.69/Capsule
- Pan It CapsuleBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 221.00₹ 187.8520% CHEAPER₹ 18.79/Capsule
- Pantop It CapsuleBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.1528% CHEAPER₹ 16.92/Capsule
- Pantodac It CapsuleBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 342.75₹ 291.34₹ 29.13/Capsule
Uses of Pantocid It Capsule
Contraindications of Pantocid It Capsule
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients Pantoprazole, Itopride, or any other ingredient in Pantocid It Capsule.
- If you are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines such as pantoprazole, omeprazole,
- rabeprazole, etc.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
Side effects of Pantocid It Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
- Dry skin
- Excess saliva in the mouth
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid It Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or intestines.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 in your body.
- You are on medications to treat HIV infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment with Pantocid It Capsule.
- You have a blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
- You are above 60 years old.
- You develop a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, contact your doctor.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop causing symptoms like fatigue, muscle contractions, altered mental state, fits, dizziness, rapid heart rate. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same....
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Pantocid It Capsule is not recommended for use in a patient below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pantocid It Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pantocid It Capsule works by the combined action of both its components - Pantoprazole and Itopride.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines, thus accelerates the emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Pantocid It Capsule
Interactions of Pantocid It Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pantocid It Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your fungal infections, cancer, HIV-infection, mental health problems.
- Other medicines like atropine, benztropine mesylate, cyclopentolate, dicyclomine, Methotrexate, St John’s wort should be used with caution with Pantocid It Capsule.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pantocid It Capsule
- Store Pantocid It Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.