Pantocid It Capsule
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
4 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid It Capsule contains a combination of Itopride and Pantoprazole as their active components. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like diarrhoea, stomach pain and headache while on treatment with this medicine, but they usually go away with time; in any case, if you feel any discomfort please contact your doctor.
Uses of Pantocid It Capsule
Pantocid It Capsule is used in the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It helps in relieving symptoms such as acidity, heartburn and chest discomfort.
Contraindications of Pantocid It Capsule
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients Pantoprazole, Itopride, or any other ingredient in Pantocid It Capsule.
- If you are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines such as pantoprazole, omeprazole,
- rabeprazole, etc.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
Side effects of Pantocid It Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
- Dry skin
- Excess saliva in the mouth
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid It Capsule
Can I take Pantocid It Capsule during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available about the safety of Pantocid It Capsule in pregnant women, it should be avoided during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Pantocid It Capsule while breastfeeding?
Pantocid It Capsule is not recommended while breastfeeding as its components may pass into breast milk in low amounts, thus please contact your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantocid It Capsule?
Pantocid It Capsule may make you feel dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid It Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Pantocid It Capsule. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen your acidity.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or intestines.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 in your body.
- You are on medications to treat HIV infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment with Pantocid It Capsule.
- You have a blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
- You are above 60 years old.
- You develop a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, contact your doctor.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop causing symptoms like fatigue, muscle contractions, altered mental state, fits, dizziness, rapid heart rate. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.Read less
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Pantocid It Capsule is not recommended for use in a patient below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pantocid It Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pantocid It Capsule works by the combined action of both its components - Pantoprazole and Itopride.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines, thus accelerates the emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Pantocid It Capsule
Pantocid It Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It should be taken before meals.
Interactions of Pantocid It Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pantocid It Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your fungal infections, cancer, HIV-infection, mental health problems.
- Other medicines like atropine, benztropine mesylate, cyclopentolate, dicyclomine, Methotrexate, St John’s wort should be used with caution with Pantocid It Capsule.
Interactions with food items
Pantocid It Capsule should be taken on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid It Capsule
- Store Pantocid It Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pantocid It Capsule
Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of Pantocid It Capsule.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Pantocid It Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pantocid It Capsule?
A: Pantocid It Capsule is used in the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It helps in relieving symptoms such as acidity, heartburn and chest discomfort.
Q: Does Pantocid It Capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, Pantocid It Capsule may cause diarrhoea as a side effect.
Q: How to take Pantocid It Capsule?
A: Pantocid It Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
Q: Can Pantocid It Capsule be given to children?
A: No, Pantocid It Capsule is not recommended for use in a patient less than 16 years old.
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved