Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
By SUN PHARMA
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid Hp Tablet is a combination of 3 medicines namely Clarithromycin, Esomeprazole and Amoxicillin. It is generally used to to relieve stomach ulcers caused by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. Common side-effects observed are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and headache. It is recommended that you should complete the treatment for best results without stopping the treatment in between which might increase the chance of re-infection. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.Inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before starting with this medicine.Inform your doctor if you experience itchy rash on your face, mouth, nose or experience breathing difficulties after taking this medicine.
Uses of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Pantocid Hp Tablet is used to cure stomach and intestinal ulcers caused by bacterial infection (H.pylori)
Contraindications of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
If you are allergic to clarithromycin, esomeprazole, and/or amoxicillin If you are allergic to antibiotics that belong to a class known as macrolide antibiotics or beta-lactam antibiotics (cephalosporin, carbapenem or monobactam) If you are suffering from a condition of low levels of potassium (hypokalemia) If you are suffering from liver or kidney failure If you are taking medicines like blood cholesterol lowering medicines (statins), antiviral medicine (nelfinavir), colchicine, ergotamine or dihydroergotamine, ticagrelor, renolazine, astemizole, cisapride, pimozide and terfenadine If you are suffering from rhythmic defects of heart (QT prolongation, ventricular cardiac arrhythmia)
Side effects of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- Stomach pain,
- Change in taste
- Gas formation in the abdomen.
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Can I take Pantocid Hp Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited data available for safety of use of this medicine during pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended that you should inform your doctor about your pregnancy before using this medicine.
Can I take Pantocid Hp Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended to be used during if you are breastfeeding, as the active ingredients may pass to the newborn through the breast milk and may have undesired effect on the newborn
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantocid Hp Tablet?
In rare cases, you make experience dizziness, drowsiness, disorientation, blurred vision and headache after taking this medicine which may hamper your ability to drive and operate complex machinery. Do not drive if you are experiencing such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid Hp Tablet?
It is recommended that you should not consume alcohol while you are taking this medicine as it may aggravate the side-effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active ingredients like clarithromycin, esomeprazole, and/or amoxicillin
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are suffering from kidney disorder
- You are suffering from liver disorder
- You are suffering from infection of the ear, nose, throat and urinary tract
- You have history of fits
- You are suffering from severe skin infections (acute generalised exanthematous pustulosis, infectious mononucleosis)
- You are suffering from heart disorders especially rhythm related disorders
- You are taking other medicines which are known to cause serious disturbances in heart rhythm
- You have had a history of antibiotic related diarrhoea (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea)
- You are suffering from low levels of magnesium and/or potassium
- You are experiencing signs and symptoms of liver
- disease, such as loss of appetite,jaundice, dark urine, itchy skin, or tender
- You experience severe sudden allergic reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- You have low levels of vitamin b12
- You lose weight
- You have difficulty in swallowing
- You have vomiting accompanied with blood or have black coloured stools
- You have or have had osteoporosis
- You have difficulty in urinating
- You experience elevated liver enzymes
Mode of Action of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
How Does It Work?
Pantocid Hp Tablet contains Clarithromycin, Esomeprazole and Amoxicillin. Clarithromycin and amoxicillin are antibiotics that work against bacterial infection. Clarithromycin, an antibiotic which works by interfering with the synthesis of important bacterial proteins while amoxicillin,a penicillin-type antibiotic prevents bacterial growth by damaging the bacterial cell wall. Esmoprazole relieves heartburn, acidity and indigestion by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Directions for Use of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- Take the medicine in schedule as mentioned by your doctor
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of blood cholesterol lowering medicines (statins), nelfinavir (antiviral medicine), colchicine, ergotamine or dihydroergotamine (medicines to treat migraine), ticagrelor or ranolazine (medicines to prevent stroke or heart attack), astemizole and terfenadine (antiallergic) cisapride, pimozide (medicine used for brain disorders)read less
- The effect of certain components of Pantocid Hp Tablet may decrease when used along with antibiotics like rifampicin, rifabutin, rifapentine
- (antibiotics), efavirenz, nevirapine, etravirine (medicines to treat viral diseases), phenytoin, carbamazepine,
- phenobarbitone (medicines used to treat brain disorders and fits), St John’s Wort (a herbal product used
- to treat mood disorders).
- The effects of the components Pantocid Hp Tablet increases when used with medicines like ritonavir (used to treat viral disease), fluconazole (medicine to treat fungal infections) may increase the effect of clarithromycin.read less
- While concomitant use of the atazanavir, saquinavir (medicines to treat viral infections), itraconazole (medicine to treat fungal infections) and Pantocid Hp Tablet leads to increase in efficiency of both the medicinesread less
- Do not administer Pantocid Hp Tablet along with Zidovudine, a medicine used to treat viral diseases, as clarithromycin in Pantocid Hp Tablet decreases the efficiency of Zidovudine.
- Use of clarithromycin along with medicines like digoxin, quinidine, disopyramide or verapamil (heart medicines) may lead to heart related rhythm disorders .
- Caution should be exercised while coadministering Pantocid Hp Tablet with Clopidogrel (used to prevent blood clots), Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus), Erlotinib (used to treat cancer), Diazepam (used to treat brain disorders, relax muscles or in fits), Phenytoin (used to treat fits), Methotrexate (a chemotherapy medicine used in high doses to treat cancer), Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn), Warfarin (blood thinning medicines) as regular monitoring is may be required.read less
- Use of allopurinol (used for gout) with Pantocid Hp Tablet it may be more likely that
- you will have an allergic skin reaction.
- Pantocid Hp Tablet dosage should be monitored if you are also taking probenecid (used for gout)
- Taking antibiotics such as tetracycline along with Pantocid Hp Tablet can decrease the efficiency of Pantocid Hp Tablet
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Store in cool and dry place preferably in the original packing Keep away from direct sunlight and heat Keep away from children and pets Discard any old and unused medicine appropriately
Dosage of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- Pantocid Hp Tablet should be taken as specified by your doctor. Do not take extra medicine. Taking more than recommended medicine may lead to symptoms like stomach problems, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, reduction in potassium levels, weakness, fits (in case of patient with severe kidney related issues ). If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediatelyread less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Make sure there is sufficient gap between two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side-effects of Pantocid Hp Tablet ?
A: The commonly observed side-effect include nausea, vomiting, headache, gases, changes in taste and diarrhoea.Some may experience blood pressure fluctuations, sleeplessness and stomach ache along with allergic symptoms like itchy rash on face, mouth, nose, ear etc.. It is recommended that you should visit your doctor in such case.
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than recommended medicine. Do not stop the medicine in between even though you start feeling better as there might be a relapse of the infection.
Q: Is Pantocid Hp Tablet a steroid?
A: No, Pantocid Hp Tablet is a combi pack that contains 3 medicines namely clarithromycin, esomeprazole, and amoxicillin. Clarithromycin and amoxicillin are antibiotics that work towards reducing and preventing the bacterial infection, while esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that works towards reducing the acid production in the stomach.Together these medicine help to cure stomach and intestinal ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Q: Does Pantocid Hp Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: No Pantocid Hp Tablet does not cause sleepiness
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved