Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
By SUN PHARMA
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid HP combipack is used to treat peptic ulcers, a condition of open sores on the lining of the stomach and the upper portion of the small intestine. It contains clarithromycin, amoxicillin and pantoprazole as its active medicines. Inform the doctor about the medical conditions and ongoing medications before starting with the medicine....
|You Save||₹33.12 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clarithromycin(500.0 Mg),Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(750.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Peptic ulcer disease|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting. stomach pain, diarrhoea|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR PEPTIC ULCERS|
Check more medicines with composition as Clarithromycin(500.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(750.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Uses of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Pantocid HP combipack is used to treat stomach and intestinal ulcers caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- If you are allergic to clarithromycin, pantoprazole, amoxicillin or other ingredients of Pantocid hp.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics to the class known as macrolide antibiotics or beta-lactam antibiotics (cephalosporin, carbapenem or monobactam) and proton pump inhibitors. If you are not sure what these medicines are, discuss them with the doctor....
- If you suffer from low levels of potassium (hypokalemia).
- If you suffer from liver or kidney disease.
- If you are taking medicines like blood cholesterol-lowering medicines (statins), antiviral medicine (nelfinavir), colchicine, ergotamine or dihydroergotamine, ticagrelor, ranolazine, astemizole, cisapride, pimozide and terfenadine....
- If you suffer from rhythmic defects of the heart.
Side effects of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- Stomach pain
- Taste change
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Can I take Pantocid HP combipack during pregnancy?
Avoid using Pantocid hp during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before use.
Can I take Pantocid HP combipack while breastfeeding?
There is little data available for the safety of the use of the medicine during breastfeeding. Consult the doctor and use only on recommendation by the doctor.
Can I drive after consuming Pantocid HP combipack?
There is little data available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. Avoid driving in case of dizziness or blurred vision.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Pantocid HP combipack?
Avoid consuming alcohol while you are taking the medicine as it may aggravate the side effects of the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You suffer from kidney disorders, liver disorders.
- You suffer from an infection of the ear, nose, throat and urinary tract.
- You have a history of fits.
- You suffer from skin infections (acute generalised exanthematous pustulosis, infectious mononucleosis).
- You suffer from heart disorders, rhythm-related disorders or are taking medicines that cause disturbances in heart rhythm.
- You have or had a history of antibiotic-related diarrhoea.
- You suffer from low levels of magnesium and/or potassium.
- You experience signs and symptoms of liver disease like loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itchy skin or a tender stomach.
- You experience allergic reactions like anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- You have lost weight.
- You have difficulty while swallowing.
- You have or had osteoporosis.
- You have difficulty while urinating.
- You experience elevated liver enzymes.
- Patients who suffer from liver disease must monitor their liver functioning while taking the medicine.
Mode of Action of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
How Does It Work?
- Pantocid HP combipack contains clarithromycin, amoxicillin and pantoprazole.
- Clarithromycin and amoxicillin work against bacterial infection. Clarithromycin interferes with the synthesis of bacterial proteins while amoxicillin, a penicillin-type antibiotic, prevents bacterial growth by damaging the bacterial cell wall. ...
- Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor it reduces the acid produced in the stomach by blocking the proton pumps in cells of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Pantocid HP combipack works or Pantocid HP combipack itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines to lower the blood cholesterol, medicines to treat viral infections, migraine, medicines to treat heart diseases, fungal infections, brain disorders and blood-thinning medicines.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Store at a cool and dry place. Protect it from direct sunlight and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pantocid Hp Kit Tab
Symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and weakness. If you have taken in excess, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side-effects of Pantocid HP combipack?
A: The side effects include nausea, vomiting, headache, changes in taste and diarrhoea. Consult the doctor if the side effects are not resolving or worsening.
Q: For how long I need to take the medicine?
A: Take as directed by the doctor. Avoid taking more than the recommended medicine. Avoid stoping the treatment in between even after you start feeling better as there might be a relapse of the infection.
Q: Does Pantocid HP combipack cause sleepiness?
A: No Pantocid HP combipack does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Can Pantocid HP be taken after food?
A: Pantocid Hp can be taken at any time of the day, or as advised by the doctor. But it is important to take it at the same time each day for the prescribed duration to get maximum effect.
Q: What is the composition of Pantocid Hp kit?
A: The composition of Pantocid Hp kit includes a combination of clarithromycin, amoxicillin and pantoprazole as its active medicines.
- Clarithromycin 250 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.